Lt. Commander
# 21
04-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Just a random thought, here.

Maybe move the CT so it's not right next to Sol Spacedock, and also make it the "real" and famous Spacedock first seen in ST III instead of some blinky mini-star looking thing.

Come on. There ought to be at least ONE of them in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
It's accessible from a Captain's ship in the books. They walk through a door on their ship and wind up there.

IMHO, they should do that. There is a limit to the vendors you can access while there (no ship change merchant, etc.) and since everyone gets access eventually, the easy access vendors don't present a huge game balance issue.

What about the ship exterior, since it would be gone if nobody warped there and it was treated as an extra ship room? Just allow people to fly around the Captain's Table in little vanity ships. But you should go to the Captain's Table from your Bridge or Ready Room and when you leave the area, you wind up back in your Bridge or Ready Room with your ship being where it was before.
I agree with this whole-heartedly. Give me a door in my Captain's Quarters. You can use the one that supposedly leads to the bathroom, since we all know that is the bigger myth - never seen and rarely mentioned.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-01-2010, 07:42 AM
What the hell? The Table was an exclusive, why are they un-exclusiving it? Scared that people were complaining?
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-01-2010, 07:51 AM
I suggest moving the outlet to a random or cycling location on a frequent basis, like wormholes in Eve or the T-Shop on the Discworld MUD.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-01-2010, 09:22 AM
I find it interesting that people rant against people who prefer Exclusivity. There is nothing wrong in choosing to enjoy Exclusivity. But when that Exclusive Thing is parceled out to more people (particularly for free when one paid handsomely) it becomes far less Exclusive, and in some cases no longer Exclusive at all. Some of us are unafraid to admit we like Exclusivity instead of Equality in all things. Too much of any one thing is a bad thing imho, even if that thing is Equality.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-01-2010, 09:52 AM
@DarkOrion69 - Nobody paid for the captain's table. It was given out for free to people with a LTS along with the fancy badge (keep that exclusive if you want), ingame and forum title and blue name in forums. Nobody paid for it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-01-2010, 03:31 PM
All "exclusive" means is "not for everyone". It doesn't necessarily have to mean "just for you".

The number of people who play an MMO for 14 months or longer are almost always the minority if the MMO is healthy.

And I think the very idea of this little clubhouse thing and entitlement mentality some lifers have is a bit upsetting. I'd almost like Cryptic staffers to say, "Well, we were going to keep it exclusive. But some of you let it go to your head and became jerks so we're yanking that exclusivity as punishment for your bad behavior. Those of you who aren't jerks? Enjoy the company in there in a year."

They'd never put it like that. But... I really wouldn't object if they did. I've known game designers who WOULD put it that way.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-01-2010, 03:36 PM
As far as where to move it is concerned, since CT is located in a nebula next to the space dock, it would be real easy to just add more nebulae around the systems if they don't want to make is accessible from the ships.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
I find it interesting that people rant against people who prefer Exclusivity. There is nothing wrong in choosing to enjoy Exclusivity. But when that Exclusive Thing is parceled out to more people (particularly for free when one paid handsomely) it becomes far less Exclusive, and in some cases no longer Exclusive at all. Some of us are unafraid to admit we like Exclusivity instead of Equality in all things. Too much of any one thing is a bad thing imho, even if that thing is Equality.
13 months' worth of sub fees ain't exactly "free".