Lt. Commander
# 11
05-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiesel17 View Post
Azurian, can you explain how an Engy can do this in a bit more detail? I don't currently run with a kit that has Combat Supply because I thought it was pretty worthless. What other skills and what order of use for them is effective against the ground boss? Watching Medics tank him I thought he always hit too hard into your health and Hypos (our only health heal) have too long of a cooldown to heal through it. Thanks.
Simple, combat supply gives large hypos and you use them. And most people who do the STFs don't think about carrying a supply of hypos with them. And if you have an eng melee him, just pace yourself and stun him to buy you time.

If things start getting hairy, tag team with someone else to continue the fight.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm so close to giving this one up now. It's way to time consuming, and to many trash mobs. And please Cryptic, drop the agro thing you have here.. If 1 gets agro, it's just wrong that all should get it, especially when you are way out of agro range.

Second: Remove the tactical elites, they are just annoying and overpowered. If those are removed, I feel that the ground part would be a bit less tedious, and resulting in far less deaths.

Third: Get more respawn points please. Why should we have to run so far because of a death?? Not very fun at all...

The way it stands, I might never get to try Khitomer Accord... Makes me a sad panda indeed
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-08-2010, 05:14 PM
as i have offered in other posts, i am more as willing to take you guys through, just need to catch me over the mail or ingame
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-09-2010, 02:29 AM
That's nice of you, but there is the small issue of time zones at work here, but I will try to get in touch with you next time for a run...
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-09-2010, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyvian View Post
as i have offered in other posts, i am more as willing to take you guys through, just need to catch me over the mail or ingame
Same here. You can always ask me
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-09-2010, 02:46 AM
I will, thanks for the offer, both of you. Much appreciated...
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-09-2010, 12:13 PM
well me and my group finished it last night. We blew through gate 3 in record time (our fist attempt took 4 hours before we all had to quite) and I think maybe only 5 attempts on the final borg boss.

Once we got back into space, however, I was having a blast. The assimilated carrier was awesome.

On a side note we had 4 tac and 1 eng (myself) but does anyone know if tacyon harmonics takes care of the final boss's cover shields?
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-09-2010, 01:47 PM
No, Tachyon Harmonics doesn't do anything to his cover shields, but they do follow the Normal Engineers limitation on the planet with Cover Shields/Force Field Dome, with only lasting 3 seconds at a time.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso
well me and my group finished it last night. We blew through gate 3 in record time (our fist attempt took 4 hours before we all had to quite) and I think maybe only 5 attempts on the final borg boss.

Once we got back into space, however, I was having a blast. The assimilated carrier was awesome.

On a side note we had 4 tac and 1 eng (myself) but does anyone know if tacyon harmonics takes care of the final boss's cover shields?
Nice to see that some are getting this tedious STF done.

I have failed many times, and have been on PUG teams every time, and have had some good teams, and some... well, needless to say, they all failed.

Add to that, I have seen many tactics used, some very good, and some that failed outright. Sometimes the "rush" method was used, but again it failed. I have gotten as far as the second 4 generator part ONCE, but recently the groups I've been on haven't even gotten past the second 3 generator part, wich is sad really, but also telling in how hard this STF really is.

I even once said that I wished I could import my character from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and wreak havock with the borg, and some said that was a very good idea, but too bad that it can't be done... But how I wish, slashing the lightsaber left and right, and using Force Lightning to fry the ugly Borg... :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-12-2010, 01:37 AM
Well, I finally got it done last night. Thanks go to those from my fleet, and the one non fleet meber...