Lt. Commander
# 1 Ready Room
04-30-2010, 10:35 PM
I think that as part of the bridge they should remove one of the turbolifts, and add in a ready room. It was in every star trek, a ready room on the bridge for people to discuss things, or a captains office also. It would add a more "Star Trek Show" feel to it than just four turbolifts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-01-2010, 12:38 AM
This will probably happen when ship interiors are fully implemented. Just be patient.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Awesome! It definitely will give the game a more, Star Trek Feel.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't go that far. I mean ok, you've got places to go visit in your ship. But it doesn't serve a purpose other than looks. You won't have your first officer strolling in to give you a report. You won't be calling in your Chief Engineer to reprimand for putting himself at grave risk doing something that was opposite of a direct order. You won't be meeting your Chief Medical Officer in your quarters for breakfast rolls and tea every morning. You won't... well, I think you get the idea by now.

Even though you'll have places to go in the ship, the ship itself is still dead space, crewed by non-interactive background extras.

Unless you got a roleplay fleet going, that operates more like a single ship in their storyline, rather than multiple ships.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Well, still, if you wanted to have like, EX: a roleplay with friends, and they are acting in the form of a Lieutenant from their ship, and you're an admiral, they would walk in, while you're sitting at the desk, it would make it much easier to give a report to an admiral behind a desk, than trying to give a report sitting in the captains chair, or have a group sitting in the ready room.