Lt. Commander
dug up some old screen shots...look what i found:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4958410...98467/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4958410...98309/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4958410...98137/sizes/o/

fascinating. there are also numerous other starfleet uniforms as well as TWOK unis recolored light blue and red.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-01-2010, 03:27 AM
interesting. no doubt we can expect to see these on the C-store in the future!

rather than make them rewards from an STF or something to actually enhance gameplay, I mean.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-01-2010, 03:37 AM
they are just the TOS uniforms

they were a free give away on some website
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-01-2010, 03:39 AM
I pointed these out in the WoK jacket thread. They've been in game since beta but nobody sees them since TTS just pulls random uniforms and so the odds of these being in a given run are fairly low.

IMHO, the thing to do with these is probably to package them with an extended cut of Abrams Trek. I could see one coming out around Christmas. There are some deleted scenes on the DVD for the standard Deluxe Edition but I imagine Paramount will want to move some Trek DVDs around Christmas (Hence a "Star Trek 1.5" or "Director's Cut" with deleted scenes cut in and some new commentary and features) and that will be a good time to introduce larger audiences to STO.

I'd point out that both this and the WoK jacket are closer to Paramount's half of the license than CBS' and are probably tied to promotions that Paramount is involved in.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
they are just the TOS uniforms

they were a free give away on some website
The difference is the tiny delta patterns.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-01-2010, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
The difference is the tiny delta patterns.
It might have been a "rough draft" of the TOS uniforms before someone at the office pointed out the new movie ones were different from the originals.

We all know how little resemblance the initial version of the female uni bore to the actual TOS one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-01-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
It might have been a "rough draft" of the TOS uniforms before someone at the office pointed out the new movie ones were different from the originals.

We all know how little resemblance the initial version of the female uni bore to the actual TOS one.
That's a lot of extra work to do and it would potentially be a violation of a licensing agreement to leave it in game since Cryptic doesn't have licensing on the JJ uniforms without special direct approval from Paramount. However, given that they worked with Paramount on the WoK uniforms, I suspect they wanted something to do as a promotional tie-in with the JJ Abrams projects.

Barring anything else, it might be cool as a promo with IDW on their extended Star Trek movie adaptation which takes all the deleted and unfilmed scenes (some of which cover HOW the timeline was changed in ST2k9).

IMHO, what would really rock is a giant hardcover collecting COUNTDOWN (which ties into the game and the film), NERO (which covers Nero's missing years), SPOCK (a prequel to COUNTDOWN), ST 2k9 extended adaptation and puts them all together in one master volume... with a game code.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-01-2010, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
interesting. no doubt we can expect to see these on the C-store in the future!

rather than make them rewards from an STF or something to actually enhance gameplay, I mean.
lol i would be in and out of whatever mission their in just to get em :O .. well... the mirror ones .. they seem popular on the demand list.... atleast in game... here its all..

"captains table.. mine all mine "
"No borgies before spoon heads"
*No borgies"
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-01-2010, 06:09 AM
very interesting. Those are definitely the Trek2009 style.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-02-2010, 08:19 PM
I would like to hear a Dev comment on this. Will this be a C-store item? Also, if Cryptic is allowed to use these uniforms, does that mean they are allowed to use the JJ-prise design?