Lt. Commander
# 11
05-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I can just say I really wan this.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-02-2010, 09:20 PM
I would honestly rather this be an NPC only uniform unless it's tied into a promotion to draw in movie goers and if we see NPCs wearing it, just keep it restrained and have it be about an NPC crew from the JJ-verse that attempted to track Nero's point of origin.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I would honestly rather this be an NPC only uniform unless it's tied into a promotion to draw in movie goers and if we see NPCs wearing it, just keep it restrained and have it be about an NPC crew from the JJ-verse that attempted to track Nero's point of origin.
I'll tell you what: if the Devs do decide to make this uniform available to players, I wont make you wear it
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-02-2010, 09:29 PM
id like to see the Kelvin uniforms too, if they were to add the normal JJ ones why not the Kelvin ones in the same C-store pack?

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/st09/Kelvin.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'll tell you what: if the Devs do decide to make this uniform available to players, I wont make you wear it
I love the movie. I'm just sayin', I think this kind of uniform calls for extra story rationale.

Have a questchain with a JJ verse crew and have accolades attached that unlock the uniform.

Most uniforms in game have a story rationale behind them.

Honestly, as much as I want the AGT/Visitor/Endgame uniforms, I kinda think those call for some storyline rationale to since they come from a conflicting version of the game's present. Like we should crossover to the other 2409 where those uniforms are used or something.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I love the movie. I'm just sayin', I think this kind of uniform calls for extra story rationale.
Remember two things: first, the only real difference between this uniform and what we already have in game is the little pattern. Second, from a story point of view no one in the "prime" universe even knows about the new movie universe, so theres technically no reason they would think this isnt just some variant of the original design if they saw it. Its not like they would see it and think "that must be from another universe" and need some kind of explanation for it :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Remember two things: first, the only real difference between this uniform and what we already have in game is the little pattern. Second, from a story point of view no one in the "prime" universe even knows about the new movie universe, so theres technically no reason they would think this isnt just some variant of the original design if they saw it. Its not like they would see it and think "that must be from another universe" and need some kind of explanation for it :p
Fair enough. I could go for the Kelvin uniforms easier since they're theoretically also worn in the Prime timeline and command wearing blue seems like a throwback to the bright blue jumpsuits worn by bridge officers in the later Enterprise episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
It's not the only difference. There's also the lines in the fabric around the V-neck and from the shoulders to underarms. The V-neck also looks slightly different. It's most likely using the same bas of TOS uni but has some major differences.

Still want to see a dev comment on this.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
It's most likely using the same bas of TOS uni but has some major differences.
We obviously have a very different definition of the word "major". The TOS and TNG uniform have "major" differences because they look very different. The TOS uniform and the JJ uniform have "minor" differences because they look very similar.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
We obviously have a very different definition of the word "major". The TOS and TNG uniform have "major" differences because they look very different. The TOS uniform and the JJ uniform have "minor" differences because they look very similar.
Well we do but that's okay. TOS is my favorite of all the Star Trek series and the uniforms are also my favorites also so i've noticed all the little details. The overall look is important and i'm just a little over anilytical.
Sorry for letting my nerd out:p