Lt. Commander
# 1 How to get a better ship?
05-01-2010, 05:37 AM
Hi, I am a Lt. grade 3 and wanna buy a new ship, a bigger one. Can I do that? How and where? How many credits do I need? A light cruiser is so weak tyhat many missions are simply too difficult!
thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-01-2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocusato View Post
Hi, I am a Lt. grade 3 and wanna buy a new ship, a bigger one. Can I do that? How and where? How many credits do I need? A light cruiser is so weak tyhat many missions are simply too difficult!
thanks!
You will get a "free" new ship when you reach a new rank, in your case Lt. Commander, which requires 10 ranks at Lt.

You can buy a new one before then I think, but it's like 20,000 credits (I believe).
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-01-2010, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casterbridge
You will get a "free" new ship when you reach a new rank, in your case Lt. Commander, which requires 10 ranks at Lt.

You can buy a new one before then I think, but it's like 20,000 credits (I believe).
If he buys another ship before getting promoted the only choices he will have are the other light cruisers. To the OP, when you get and spend enough points to be promoted(Lt 11) you will get a message from Admiral Quinn. After talking to him you will get a token and a short promotion mission during which you will learn how to get a new, higher level ship. The first ship of each rank level is free, all you need is the token from Quinn. You can buy other ships but are limited to only those available to your rank.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-01-2010, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clobbertime View Post
If he buys another ship before getting promoted the only choices he will have are the other light cruisers. To the OP, when you get and spend enough points to be promoted(Lt 11) you will get a message from Admiral Quinn. After talking to him you will get a token and a short promotion mission during which you will learn how to get a new, higher level ship. The first ship of each rank level is free, all you need is the token from Quinn. You can buy other ships but are limited to only those available to your rank.
Thanks people, it's good to know I just have to wait! So, at the beginning, which kind of mission is better to do? I went through the Volanis cluster etc... but tougher missions are just too though!
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-01-2010, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Thanks people, it's good to know I just have to wait! So, at the beginning, which kind of mission is better to do? I went through the Volanis cluster etc... but tougher missions are just too though!
Tougher missions give you more skill points. And that is what you need to rank up. Do all the Admiral Quinn missions and the Commander Sulu patrol missions. I found myself able to level up at a pretty healthy pace doing that.

Once you get to LT8, start looking into which type of ship you are going to want. It'll affect how you play the game for the remainder.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Sorry to say, but if anything beyond the Delta Volanis cluster is 'too tough', it might be the wrong game for you, or you are doing something wrong. I have a friend who never played any MMO before, and she had no trouble doing the Lt. missions on her own.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Sorry to say, but if anything beyond the Delta Volanis cluster is 'too tough', it might be the wrong game for you, or you are doing something wrong. I have a friend who never played any MMO before, and she had no trouble doing the Lt. missions on her own.
Perhaps you're right...
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-01-2010, 04:59 PM
It might help if you look for a fleet dedicated to help new players. If its just you doing something wrong, more experienced players might get you on the right track. I frequently see RAs and Captains at Sol offering help.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Perhaps you're right...
Do you still have your difficulty on Normal? If you cranked it up, crank it back down until you get the feel of the game.

And what ArievDhien said.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
If he is complaining about the Ground missions, he is quite right. Until you get some decent equipment and a full crew, the ground exploration missions can be very rough when you have to fight NPCs. The Klingon spawns with a Swordmaster are very tough.

To the OP: Keep at it. Things do get much better. Work towards getting a balanced crew.
Closed Thread