Lt. Commander
# 1 Neuro Blast - Ground PvP & etc
05-01-2010, 05:11 AM
Has Cryptic made a counter to this totally OP ability yet?

btw.. the que system is still found lacking on many levels.

btw.. change the chat channels to where opposing factions cannot exchange dialog.

btw.. please find a way to make ground pvp more interesting to the mainstream player.

btw.. 'instant hold + exploit + kill + I win with 1 button push' is ruining.. Ruining ground pvp fyi. perhaps that is why the population for ground pvp has dwindled to almost nothing in low to middle tiers (dunno about BG.. I stopped leveling my capt) since the latest/greatest patching.

ttfn.

Lt. Commander
# 2
05-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bheduwa
Has Cryptic made a counter to this totally OP ability yet?
Fortunately, most liberated borg are feds and you can kill them between ticks.

Quote:
btw.. the que system is still found lacking on many levels.
No, it's actually far worse since the patch.

Quote:
btw.. change the chat channels to where opposing factions cannot exchange dialog.
No.

Quote:
btw.. please find a way to make ground pvp more interesting to the mainstream player.
I'm not sure what you mean by mainstream player. You mean the one who min/maxes a space spec and completely ignores an entire facet of the game? Instead of using their brain and spec'ing for both, which is completely viable?

Quote:
btw.. 'instant hold + exploit + kill + I win with 1 button push' is ruining.. Ruining ground pvp fyi. perhaps that is why the population for ground pvp has dwindled to almost nothing in low to middle tiers (dunno about BG.. I stopped leveling my capt) since the latest/greatest patching.

ttfn.

Please learn to use personal devices.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-01-2010, 07:07 AM
One of the things they should do is lower the cooldown on Vulcan Mind Meld and Nerve Pinch to 60 seconds.

They're the only two ground CC abilities that are on ridiculous CD's as character traits.

I've been hit by Neuro Blast (and used it on one of my other toons) a lot.

I never found it to be OP at all. A little annoying.

The biggest problem with ground atm is the survivability + DPS imbalance with ENGINEERS using certain kits.

You could make an argument about the CC spamming + Exploiting but if you just simply lowered or removed it you would make Engineers even more gawd like on the ground then they already are.........