Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 The Pakled - I'm dissappointed
05-01-2010, 06:21 AM
I was really looking forward to the Pakled. But after visiting the c-store, I see that the guys don't look like the Pakled at all. The Paklet are fat, heavy built guys!

Perhaps there is a possibility to make them a little more massive using the character generator, but all I can say that as a fan of this species, I was hoping for more, especially a really new character model, not just a new "head".

Or am I foaming for no reason and the guys are more Pakled-like in game? Sorry, I won't waste my cp just for trying this out...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Just because you saw a couple onscreen in the series, doesn't mean all of them were fat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-01-2010, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranman1988 View Post
Just because you saw a couple onscreen in the series, doesn't mean all of them were fat.
but that's how they are in canon because that's all we know about them.

i'm pretty disappointed too that all these new races seem to just be new "heads", they aren't really giving any thought to the rest of the bodies, like tellarites. and even then they can't get the heads right, where are the purple eye rings on ferengi? the teeth?

I wasn't really waiting for the pakled or anything, but the OP has a point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-01-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranman1988 View Post
Just because you saw a couple onscreen in the series, doesn't mean all of them were fat.
Meh...I wanted them to be fat guys like in the series, and not to be all be suffering from anorexia all of the sudden...! Seriously, I think it's normal to be "fat" for this race. I always considered them to be more on the chubby side.

Gimme the Paklets I learned to love or I will quit immediately!
ey!

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5 Make 'em fat
05-01-2010, 07:11 AM
I got a Pakled Bridge Officer for my science vessel and the character builder can do a lot. I just narrowed the forehead, widened the cheeks and jaws to make the head seem fatter and pointer. Then I narrowed the shoulders but bulked them up, bulked up the arms, hips and legs...and tweaked the stomach (still the worst feature on the character builder) and ended up with a pear-shaped Pakled. Not quite AS fat as in the series but considering they do have to go through Starfleet training it works.

Same for my playable Tellarite...the right bulking and proportions in the right places gives me a nice, stocky little pig-midget.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-01-2010, 07:24 AM
How did you get a Pakled boff? We can't even get Benzite Boffs yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
How did you get a Pakled boff? We can't even get Benzite Boffs yet.
They're all over the exchange...I think mine cost me about 200 credits and he was a Rare BOff with a Superior Soldier trait.

Though Benzite would be super-nice since my Sci-captain is Benzite, even if my goal is to have a totally diverse crew for that ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Personally, I think the Pakleds are fine. The race that they NEED to look at and redo is the Tellarites. The faces are completely wrong and they are NOT dwarves in space. They are human size!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
but that's how they are in canon because that's all we know about them.

i'm pretty disappointed too that all these new races seem to just be new "heads", they aren't really giving any thought to the rest of the bodies, like tellarites. and even then they can't get the heads right, where are the purple eye rings on ferengi? the teeth?

I wasn't really waiting for the pakled or anything, but the OP has a point.
This. They have to fix Ferengi looks AND traits.

Plus tons of other cosmetic issues as linked in my sig. Tellarites also have a massive issue with their height, and Rigelian BOs have the wrong skin color palette (basically only human brown-orange, and no grey-green at all).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Personally, I think the Pakleds are fine. The race that they NEED to look at and redo is the Tellarites. The faces are completely wrong and they are NOT dwarves in space. They are human size!
What is the big issue with the faces? It's hard to do 3-D recession and folds/wrinkles. Plus we've only seen Tellarites on screen a couple of times and each time they've been different. The biggest issue for me are the eyes/nose and maybe a lack of sufficient hair-styles. And while I agree the max-height should be a little taller, the Tellarites from Enterprise were all shorter than humans by a few inches so I'm fine with the height for the most part.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:12 PM.