Lt. Commander
# 11
05-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Heh...I wrote a ton of the content on that Ferengi page at Memory-Alpha. I agree that the Traits need looking at. Psychic resistance should be on there.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Personally, I think the Pakleds are fine. The race that they NEED to look at and redo is the Tellarites. The faces are completely wrong and they are NOT dwarves in space. They are human size!
Absolutly!

They dont even look like short tellerites they look more like .... Dwarves with some sort of serious skin condition
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-01-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm hugely disappointed that they chose the Pakleds as a playable character. This alien race was seen what, in one episode out of the entire ST series collection?
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voivod123 View Post
I was really looking forward to the Pakled. But after visiting the c-store, I see that the guys don't look like the Pakled at all. The Paklet are fat, heavy built guys!

Perhaps there is a possibility to make them a little more massive using the character generator, but all I can say that as a fan of this species, I was hoping for more, especially a really new character model, not just a new "head".

Or am I foaming for no reason and the guys are more Pakled-like in game? Sorry, I won't waste my cp just for trying this out...
The Pakled on the Mondor were using their weight as part of their deception.

The Pakled that get accepted to Starfleet Academy have to be a tad more svelte just to pass the physical fitness requirements of starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson_Garrett View Post
I'm hugely disappointed that they chose the Pakleds as a playable character. This alien race was seen what, in one episode out of the entire ST series collection?
Nausicaans, Letheans, Gorn and Orions have not been in too many episodes either.

Catians are up next. They've never been in a live action television episode, IIRC. Just the cartoon and the movies. And I can think of only a single Joined Trill that had enough pro-klingon leanings to join the empire through marriage.

Lt. Commander
# 16
05-01-2010, 01:56 PM
You can't just make 'm fat?
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Nausicaans, Letheans, Gorn and Orions have not been in too many episodes either.

Catians are up next. They've never been in a live action television episode, IIRC. Just the cartoon and the movies.
All those races are quite popular though. Well, I don't get Letheans either. But the others are.
Pakleds? They're only popular in the sense that people like to laugh at them.

Quote:
And I can think of only a single Joined Trill that had enough pro-klingon leanings to join the empire through marriage.
While remaining in Starfleet mind you.
At a time when the Klinks were allies.
But let's not let silly things like canon get in the way of appeasing self-entitled whiners.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I love how everyone that quotes canon always convienently forgets that Cryptic can't put anything into the game without first getting approval from CBS/Paramount. You know the guys that actually own Star Trek and decide what is canon and what isn't. The same people that yanked the liscence on the FASA ST:RPG when they decided to retcon the pre-existing Star Trek lore just before they released the ST:TNG show.

If something doesn't match your idea of what canon should be put the blame where it really belongs on CBS/Paramount.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
All those races are quite popular though. Well, I don't get Letheans either. But the others are.
Pakleds? They're only popular in the sense that people like to laugh at them.
Yeah, but along those same lines, Orions are only popular because of their sexy women. No one was clamoring to play a male Orion pirate. But a lot of people want scantily clad busty green women populating their trek universe.

And I don't know how popular Nausicaans are in the grand scheme of Trek. They're cool and all for stabbing Picard. But then in DS9 they kind of got marginalized into thuggish, but easily dealt with bodyguards.

I get that some folks don't like the Pakleds. I do. I am happy as a clam playing mine. And now with how rare the Aid the Planet missions are, it's soooooooo easy to roleplay. I'm out there. In my ship. With my Pakled Crew. Our mission? "We look for things!"
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith_Snipe
I love how everyone that quotes canon always convienently forgets that Cryptic can't put anything into the game without first getting approval from CBS/Paramount. You know the guys that actually own Star Trek and decide what is canon and what isn't. The same people that yanked the liscence on the FASA ST:RPG when they decided to retcon the pre-existing Star Trek lore just before they released the ST:TNG show.

If something doesn't match your idea of what canon should be put the blame where it really belongs on CBS/Paramount.
I'll simply repeat what I've said before given what's already happened.
CBS are rubberstampers. They don't give two hoots about what goes in STO as long as they get the royalties.
Claims that CBS "aren't happy" with things Cryptic totally intended to put in last week are just excuses.