Lt. Commander

Idea:

When checking a players info you get an additional box or tab to check out their ship.

Reasoning:
In other MMO's WOW, WAR, FFXI, being able to oogle other players gear not only sent you to Allakhazam etc to find out how to get that gear.

It also showed you possible loadouts/options/ideas you may not have previously have thought of.

Current Situaton
In STO we dont have a chance to show off our hard work and items because we only have generic ship models. It would be non cannon to "pimp our rides" on the outside.

Doing an info check on a player brings up a rather dull bio ... that often bugs and breaks immersion.

Alternnative idea

Invite to bridge. There is a special 'Guest' console so that players can look over the ships statistics/consoles etc.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-01-2010, 10:26 AM
i was thinking something similar, i would like this. especially when someone just pops a million damage in pvp and you'd like to take a look at what they've been hitting you with
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Persinally, I'd like to see this for BOTH player and NPC ships. In the various series, sensor could always give info on weapon loadout, etc.; and in NPC encounters, knowing the type of weapomns an enemy ship has (Phasers, Disruptors, Plasma, Anti-proton, etc.) would allow player ship captains to tweak their equipped consoles (I carry a few different ones) to optimize for a given opponent.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-01-2010, 01:02 PM
nice to see people agree.

Had a thought. In space it would show ship loadout, on ground character loadout.

or slightly more complex 3 tabs, 1 ship, 1 character and 1 Bridge officers