Lt. Commander
When I went to make my Ferengi character, I see that the Ferengi traits in-game are not the same as advertised and as I expected from the website store description. What is going on here? Can i request a refund, or are the in-game traits going to be upgraded to reflect what the website says?

The website:

Have you got the lobes for command? Put your latinum in the slot and create a Ferengi Federation Officer! These Captains begin with the Natural Immunities (40% resistance to Toxic Damage, 40% resistance to Radiation Damage) and Acute Senses (20% improvement to Stealth Sight, 10% bonus to Exploit Damage) traits. They may choose two additional traits. Note: Purchase of this option unlocks it for every character slot on an account.

The in-game menu during character creation:

Natural Immuities
+ 33% Radiation Damage Resistence
+ 33% Toxic Damage Resistence

Acute Senses:
+ 10 Perception and +10% Exploit Damage

Is somethng being done about the loss of 7% to damage resistences and is +10 perception the same as 20% increase in Stealth Sight???
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2010, 10:30 AM
These traits are bs anyways. Compare here.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Read your thread.

It's funny that they mention the profit and business focus of the Ferengi, along with the four lobes beibng resistent to telepathy. Yet no inherent traits. Thanks for making that thread.

I'll go ahead and state my Trader DLC/premium unlock here I guess for now.

Devs,

Can you please look into increasing the storage to relive the use of Mail, Exchange and the creation of Mule characters to hold all the items we may wish to exhcange or give to other characters or friends in the future(ie people we are wanting to play the game). The one page inventory and the one page bank is also not enough for all the loot you get in this game. By no means am I asking for less loot, just vastly more storage.

I propose a 800 Cryptic point option, to add near-unlimited storage via "pages" of inventory and banmk slots that you unlock for all your characters. What I mean is where you only see one chrart of all your items, with this unlock you would see that as page 1 of #. You can then use the sab tabbing system that we use in the Options menu to change our Audio & Video, to move between our pages of inventory. Also, the reason I am asking for this at a 800 price(besides profit motivation) is becuase you can also use this to give players the ability to unlock your new crafting system. This allows players who have this storage/trade unlock to use excess inventory of a similar or lower type to create a superior version of that item that is marked as "excellent". This item is then above what you can expect from a rare and below item. This also cannot be done with bound items.

So far your exchange auto-removal is one step, but a realistic trade "profession" option with real items we would have interest in making, trading and others buying is what this game needs. Lastly, after my experience with the Ferengi today, I think this can bring the Ferengi class(you must still unlock it separately from the C-store) population a needed boost by giving anyone playing as this class a 5 to 10% discount on items sold by NPC vendors. This would be an ingerent passive trait that should not take up one of the current traits as it is ONLY unlocked by buying this 800 point storage/trade option. The player then goes to the C-Store and then Special unlocks to unlock this option for Ferengi players.

So what do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
When I went to make my Ferengi character, I see that the Ferengi traits in-game are not the same as advertised and as I expected from the website store description. What is going on here? Can i request a refund, or are the in-game traits going to be upgraded to reflect what the website says?

The website:

Have you got the lobes for command? Put your latinum in the slot and create a Ferengi Federation Officer! These Captains begin with the Natural Immunities (40% resistance to Toxic Damage, 40% resistance to Radiation Damage) and Acute Senses (20% improvement to Stealth Sight, 10% bonus to Exploit Damage) traits. They may choose two additional traits. Note: Purchase of this option unlocks it for every character slot on an account.

The in-game menu during character creation:

Natural Immuities
+ 33% Radiation Damage Resistence
+ 33% Toxic Damage Resistence

Acute Senses:
+ 10 Perception and +10% Exploit Damage

Is somethng being done about the loss of 7% to damage resistences and is +10 perception the same as 20% increase in Stealth Sight???
I believe what you're seeing is a disparity between text written when Ferengi were first put into the C-Store and text written after certain traits were updated in a later patch.

The text needs to be edited to reflect the current stat levels.

And ArievDhien's thread needs all the support it can get. Because once ArievDhien is done winning the crusade for Ferengi LOBES ... Nausicaans are next on the list.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Spechum,

I am afraid they may take the easy route you posted above. Yet, I would rather they don't just fix it on the website on how it is advertised, or just credit me 1 dollar for misinformation.:p

But seriously, I would have the stats be updated in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Yes, my holy mission to give rare species a chance won't stop after the Battle for Ferenginar! *waves a leather bound issue of the Rules of Acquistition* Nausicaans are the second most flawed species on my list, and the KDF deserves some love.

For the stats difference... This may be the only thing canon about Ferengi in this game. After all, RoA 239 says you should never be afraid to mislabel a product.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-05-2010, 04:28 AM
I did buy the Ferengi playable (only 60 CP!!) but aint played yet.

But to imbalance the traits