Lt. Commander
# 11
05-02-2010, 05:50 PM
It would seem Obamaisim (the right to have everything handed to you for free) has spreed beyond the border's of America and has now invaded the MMO realm.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
I would argue that a MMORPG does not need to "encourage" team play (what you really mean is force it). Some people like to solo, some people like to team. There are people who like to team but have limited time to play occasionally and want the option to solo but play "around" their mates.

Any more, as the MMORPG population grows older on average it is a bad idea to enforce teaming due to shifts in lifestyle and importance of real life over a game.

The only reason anyone needs to team is the desire to team.

Find a good team oriented guild. There are plenty of them out there
OMG are you serious thats ****ing funny whats the point in grouping ( even if it is desired) if the content is of no challange? 90% of the people responding to these types of posts sound like they need to spend there time on single player games not in MMO's.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.Horton
OMG are you serious thats ****ing funny whats the point in grouping ( even if it is desired) if the content is of no challange? 90% of the people responding to these types of posts sound like they need to spend there time on single player games not in MMO's.
i have to agree the need for grouping in this game is not necessary. i still cannot understand why it "auto groups" you in an instance when the other players have no understanding as to what being part of a group entails. For example i got "auto grouped" in a ground instance a simple search and scan and it was like a damned race to get to the next item to scan. and yes grouping should be a CHOICE for the players involved. and i do beleive there should be missions that are near impossible to complete solo. its called a CHALLENGE.. to test your knowledge of the game and its features and to see how different skills working together can accomplish a task/
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Yea I hear ya there have you tryed Infected with one of those "solo" players, God what a nightmare.
You get people who have no clue how to play as a team and they expect to be able to do the zone then leave when it gets tough and screw the rest of the group happens everyday.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-03-2010, 07:02 AM
I have to agree with the OP. I've only been playing for a week, but the near total lack of socialization, save for the endless mostly rambling zone chat that goes on. I didn't realize how much I actually enjoy the teaming from other MMO's till I played this. I've tried chatting with people who wind up in the same instance I happen to be in, but so far almost no responses. It's a little odd. lol
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
If you play at "normal" setting there is no challenge. bump it up to elite and play. The, get a group of competent players together and the challenge and reward increase. It's not rocket science. The rewards for grouping are there. All ya have to do is activate them.

And yeah, I am serious. If you don't understand that is your short-falling, not mine. I group AND solo. Admittedly I only group with people I know are reliable. PUGs and auto groups, especially auto groups, are almost always a friken hassle.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-03-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
If you play at "normal" setting there is no challenge. bump it up to elite and play. The, get a group of competent players together and the challenge and reward increase. It's not rocket science. The rewards for grouping are there. All ya have to do is activate them.

And yeah, I am serious. If you don't understand that is your short-falling, not mine. I group AND solo. Admittedly I only group with people I know are reliable. PUGs and auto groups, especially auto groups, are almost always a friken hassle.
To be fair, the difficulty slider is new. But I can confirm that it's a lot of fun to play on Elite and doing an exploration daily with others. If Elite play was a little faster* (kinda ironic, considering that generally the game just plays too fast), too, it could be the best thing ever.

*) Actually, let me take that back. The individual combat has the right length for me. That's how I like it. But it would be better if I wouldn't have to do 5 of them.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Quote:
It would seem Obamaisim (the right to have everything handed to you for free) has spreed beyond the border's of America and has now invaded the MMO realm.
It's more a No Child Left Behind (every body is special so no body is) description... That is a Bushisum
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcatnx
Is it just me or has anyone noticed that STO doesn't really encourage team play? I have made it all the way to RA5 with little or no help from anyone.
Kinda reminds me of Mass Effect where me and my NPC guys can do all the content, with no help from anyone. Ah well kinda odd to have an MMO and not need the MM just the O...
And for all those people that start about the new slider for normal, advanced and elite. They have those same sliders in most all console and and non MMO's.
yup I solo'd the game to the end and now ge to fly around as a rear admiral with nothing to do but the week of content we get every 2 months
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Captain Picard, and all other Startrek heros are solo players, relying solely on their Bridge officers. An Federation Captain doesn't ask for Starfleet to help, every time when they smell an Klingon.

I rest my case.