Lt. Commander
# 1 STO Injury FAQ
05-02-2010, 12:25 PM
In Star trek Online the death penalty system is comprised of getting injuries. They can range from Minor injuries to Critical injuries. You can not be debuffed with an injury, if your only playing on the normal difficulty setting or you have not yet attained the level of Lieutenant 5.

Minor Injuries

Minor injuries will only affect you in a small manor like reduced crew regeneration or a small damage resistance debuff. 1 or 2 of these won't affect you greatly.

Major Injuries

Major injuries feel significant, but the character can continue to function at little performance difference. More than one major injury that modified the same stat would start to affect performance. It is advised that you get these removed immediately.

Critical Injuries

Critical injuries affect character performance. A character can continue and succeed with more than one critical injury, but each critical injury received is"costly"to treat and will put the character a bit under the potency curve. If you get one of these you should be treated as soon as possible otherwise it may be impossible to complete further missions.

Being treated!
It's quite easy to be treated but it can be costly in both energy credits and time. Although Injury packs can be a life saver. You can acquire these at Earth space dock or Deep space nine(only for minor and major injuries.The rest are drops). They come in six varieties. 3 for ground and 3 for space. Also remember that your bridge officers can receive injuries as-well.

If you don't have the required Injury pack the only solution is to set a course for DS9 or Starbase 1. Then you must go to the Chief Medical officer for ground injuries( Located near the bridge officer requestions in Starbase 1) or you must go to the Chief Engineer for space injuries(Located in the shipyard at Starbase 1.)

Also note that ship injuries will expire after 30 minutes of having the debuff. When you go to the Chief Engineer though he may still want you to pay for it after 30 minutes. This is a bug.

You can also heal your friends. If you click on them / make them your target, and then select "use" from the inventory screen on a healing item (regenerator/parts) then you can fix them right up.-Thanks Valiant797

On Qo'nos, the Klingon Chief Medical officer is an Orion with a pony tail in the western of the two southern rooms (The training room) and just to your left as you enter (loc -3,-5, -458).
800 energy credits for Minor
1600 energy credits for Major
3200 energy credits for Critical
The Klingon Chief Engineer on Qo'nos is in the western room (ship outfitting room) a little to the right of the entrance, but on the lower deck (-262, -10, -177).

4000 energy credits for Major
Lt. Maj (on Qo'nos, Western Room (ship outfitting room)) sells minor (1k) and major (8k) components.

Edit: You can find the CE in the DS9 shipyard and the CMO in the Exchange/mail area.

Will I always get an injury if I die?
No if you remember what I said earlier you can not get a injury on normal difficulty mode. There is also only a chance that you receive a injury on the advanced or elite difficulty settings. In theory you may never receive a injury. Also if you already have an injury your more susceptible at getting another one.

Why would I go onto Advanced and Elite if I can get a Injury?
There are 2 main reasons. 1 is that you may want to play at a more challenging level instead of the default difficulty setting. 2 is that you will receive better loot than you would have normally.

I have a suggestion for the injury system. How can I give it to cryptic?
Cryptic love to hear your suggestions. There's a feedback forum for all your suggestions here

Latimer: If you get incapacitated, how does the system tell you if you have sustained a minor injury? Is there an icon or an announcement of some kind?
You will see a icon where debuffs/buffs are normally shown. A always normally pops up saying you have sustained a injury.

Katic:Minor injuries last 30 minutes, major and critical injuries are said to last longer, how much longer for each?
Major and critical injuries do not go away by themselves. They require a repair. Critical repair kits/components only come by drops. You cannot purchase them. So if you get any criticals and you don't have the necessary kit, you will need to visit Sol or DS9 to get them fixed.

I have a question but it's not answered here
I and I'm sure many others will be happy to answer your questions. Just post them in this thread.

Injuries Database:

SPACE

Minor Injuries

Hull Stress
Reduces damage resistance.
-2% All Damage Resistance

Impulse Engine Damage
Lowers the engine power level.
-2 Engine Power Setting

Projectile Launcher Damage
Reduces projectile damage.
-2% All Damage Strength.

Shield Systems Damage
Lowers the shield power level.
-2 Shield Power Setting

---

Major Injuries

Energy Weapon Systems Malfunction
-5 Weapon Power Setting

Impulse Engine Malfunction
Lowers the engine power level.
-5 Engine Power Setting

Projectile Launcher Malfunction
Reduces projectile damage.
-5% All Damage Strength

Shield Systems Malfunction
-5 Shield Power Setting

Auxiliary Systems Malfunction
Lowers the auxiliary power level.
-5 Auxiliary Power Setting

EPS Conduit Malfunction
Slows the power transfer rate.
-15% Power Transfer Rate

Hull Fracture
-5% All Damage Resistance

Transporter Malfunction
Reduces engineering, science and tactical team leadership skills.
-15 Tactical Team Leader
-15 Engineering Team Leader
-15 Science Team Leader

---

Critical Injuries

Bridge Station Failure
Slows recharge of all bridge officer abilities.
-10% Power Recharge Speed

Hull Breach
-10% All Damage Resistance

Sickbay Failure
Slows crew regeneration significantly.
-200% Alive Crewman Strength
-600% Crew Recovery Rate
-600% Crew Recovery Rate Strength

Warp Core Failure
Lowers all power levels.
-10 Weapon Power Setting
-10 Shield Power Setting
-10 Engine Power Setting
-10 Auxiliary Power Setting

==================================================

GROUND

Minor Injuries

Bruised Ribs
Reduces physical and kinetic damage resistance.
-2% Physical Damage Resistance
-2% Kinetic Damage Resistance

Minor Concussion
Reduces ranged weapon damage.
-2% All Damage Strength.

---

Major Injuries

---

Critical Injuries

Combat Exhaustion
Reduces damage and healing of your kit abilities.
-10% All Damage Strength.
-10% Hit Points Strength.

Internal Bleeding
-10% All Damage Resistance.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=154446
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Edit: Changed a dead link and added some more information
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2010, 01:56 PM
great post! thank you
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2010, 02:03 PM
If you get incapacitated, how does the system tell you if you have sustained a minor injury? Is there an icon or an announcement of some kind?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimer View Post
If you get incapacitated, how does the system tell you if you have sustained a minor injury? Is there an icon or an announcement of some kind?
Your question has now been posted into the original post and has been answered.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-02-2010, 02:07 PM
My goodness that was quick! Thank you for your work!
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimer View Post
My goodness that was quick! Thank you for your work!
I aim to please (:
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-02-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm confused about ship injuries. With minor injuries, they clear up after 30 minutes of flight, but when I return to spacedock, the mechanic still wants to fix it. Should I just let them collect since they aren't actually having any effect on my ship, or should I have him fix them to get them off the board? Seems like a bug to me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow_Death View Post
I'm confused about ship injuries. With minor injuries, they clear up after 30 minutes of flight, but when I return to spacedock, the mechanic still wants to fix it. Should I just let them collect since they aren't actually having any effect on my ship, or should I have him fix them to get them off the board? Seems like a bug to me.
I wouldn't pay for it. I'm sure Cryptic will have it fixed soon.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow_Death View Post
I just added a bit about this in the thread for others.