Lt. Commander
I am almost done leveling my Klingon so i don't need quest content anymore but others sure will. PvP is ok from time to time but Klingons lack players big time so i'd recommend to let us join Feds for Fleet actions, Raidisodes and stuff that doesn't require to kill either faction now or in the future. Lore wise it happened multiple times when Klingons ans Feds joined each other to kill a greater threat but after this they were enemies again. Romulans are the number one foes of both Feds And Klingons so joining to fight them would make sense. We need challenging Romulans then, maybe a future raidisode could adress that. Rewarding missions in Romulan space would help also (Big Dig style).
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2010, 03:38 AM
Personally, I think they should be able to group for STFs. Otherwise, the burden of raiding will tend to be way too high for any smaller side factions like KDF and likely even worse for factions in the future. This would require some special grouping mechanics to allow for this -- as missions should still be separate (and more would be nice KDF side) and PvP still needs to be divided by sides but the idea of STFs being cross faction just seems right to me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Personally, I think they should be able to group for STFs. Otherwise, the burden of raiding will tend to be way too high for any smaller side factions like KDF and likely even worse for factions in the future. This would require some special grouping mechanics to allow for this -- as missions should still be separate (and more would be nice KDF side) and PvP still needs to be divided by sides but the idea of STFs being cross faction just seems right to me.
Aside from the Borg storyline, Klingon should be able to group with Feds.

The borg storyline, however, is about discovering an infection, finding a cure, and sharing it with the Klingons thus far.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2010, 03:51 AM
Well, why not have it be so that you have to complete it the first time with your own faction but subsequent replays (the events only "really" happen once) are faction unrestricted.

The other thought being:

Work in infiltration.

Visit a Section 31/Tal Shiar/Orion Syndicate, etc. NPC and they give you a "day pass" to do another side's content. However, when the clock strikes twelve (so to speak), your ship autoengages a transwarp conduit to keep your tech from falling into enemy hands and you wind up back home.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2010, 05:49 AM
Naah, Klinks are only for killing.....
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2010, 05:53 AM
we are at war, shouldn't even be a ceasefire in borg space. let the feds deal with them, and whiles there playing with the borg, we'll take sol out.

well i can dream
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-03-2010, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffeeuk
we are at war, shouldn't even be a ceasefire in borg space. let the feds deal with them, and whiles there playing with the borg, we'll take sol out.
It seems you will get to run an assault on the Utopia Planetia Fleet Yards on Mars in one upcoming Klingon PVE mission. But until then...
Quote:
i can dream
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It seems you will get to run an assault on the Utopia Planetia Fleet Yards on Mars in one upcoming Klingon PVE mission. But until then...

whiles we still have a ceasefire in borg space? i hope the ceasefire gets dropped then, i'd find it stupid if not and indecisive of the dev team
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Yes i just started a klingon am gonna rank up to admiral, and would be very nice if klingons could do the STF with feds. Plis devs make this happend ? most players want this if not all. pliz
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffadeuce View Post
Naah, Klinks are only for killing.....
I think they said the next set of STF's will allow for both sides to team up. I haven't heard them say that changed.