Lt. Commander
# 1 ventrilo servers?
05-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Hey everyone,i was wondering if anyone knows of any Vent servers i can join???
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Join a guild that uses ventrilo sever ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Teamspeak 3 > Ventrilo, and it's free.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
Teamspeak 3 > Ventrilo
That's highly debatable, and vent is free too. It's the servers (for both) that cost money. Of course there's ways around that, but.....
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
That's highly debatable, and vent is free too. It's the servers (for both) that cost money. Of course there's ways around that, but.....
Incorrect. Teamspeak 3 uses the latest implementation of the Speex codecs which are more efficient while not losing quality - that means Teamspeak 3 can transmit what you say faster and clearer than Ventrilo is capable of.

In addition, you can host an 8-slot Ventrilo server on your own; if you want more than that, you have to rent. Teamspeak 3 lets you host a 32-slot server, or if you apply for a Non-Profit license, then you get a 500-slot server (for free).
Lt. Commander
# 6 Inaccurate information...
05-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
Incorrect. Teamspeak 3 uses the latest implementation of the Speex codecs which are more efficient while not losing quality - that means Teamspeak 3 can transmit what you say faster and clearer than Ventrilo is capable of.

In addition, you can host an 8-slot Ventrilo server on your own; if you want more than that, you have to rent. Teamspeak 3 lets you host a 32-slot server, or if you apply for a Non-Profit license, then you get a 500-slot server (for free).
Ventrilo uses the complete list of Speex codex. I know our Ventrilo server uses it, and it is the codex I use for the server. Speex has the best fidelity of all the codex out now.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVel422
Hey everyone,i was wondering if anyone knows of any Vent servers i can join???
I rent the server for our fleet SF41 The Black Aces, you can use our server if you want. Just contact me in the game and I will give you the information to log into our server.