Lt. Commander
# 1 Checking in again!
05-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Heya all, I played at release for about 3 weeks, beta for a while before that....quit for a while, checked back in pre 1.1, was still dissapointed, now theres what 3, 4 STFs? a huge patch, and I hear pvp has gotten better. Can anyone give me their overall opinion on how the games come along before I reinstall this bad boy? Mainly concerned about pvp balance and mission difficutly. PvP was too fast and based on who got the lucky expose, and a major hold / stun fest last time I played. And PvE was so rediculously easy I could fall asleep, drool on my keyboard, and it would kill the enemy battleships. I like grouping in a game, and there was no reason to.

So how has in progressed in these regards?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskwood
Heya all, I played at release for about 3 weeks, beta for a while before that....quit for a while, checked back in pre 1.1, was still dissapointed, now theres what 3, 4 STFs? a huge patch, and I hear pvp has gotten better. Can anyone give me their overall opinion on how the games come along before I reinstall this bad boy? Mainly concerned about pvp balance and mission difficutly. PvP was too fast and based on who got the lucky expose, and a major hold / stun fest last time I played. And PvE was so rediculously easy I could fall asleep, drool on my keyboard, and it would kill the enemy battleships. I like grouping in a game, and there was no reason to.

So how has in progressed in these regards?
Well, now there's a difficulty slider for PVE, so that should solve one of your problems...

As for PVP, do you mean ground or space? Cause ground, the people with the one-hit instant win button combo are still chasing off the rest of us, (As long as you avoid going against premades, you should be fine) and space is same-old, same-old.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Can anyone give me their overall opinion on how the games come along before I reinstall this bad boy?
What do you mean "reinstall?" Based on your Captain Database you've already played several missions today so you tell us how you feel about the changes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
What do you mean "reinstall?" Based on your Captain Database you've already played several missions today so you tell us how you feel about the changes.

uh? I -just- logged in like 5 mins after this post O_o soooo, wut?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
uh? I -just- logged in like 5 mins after this post O_o soooo, wut?
The Captain's Database tells us what missions you've done and are doing and on what date you're doing them. The system said you had picked up Patrols for Kassae and Risa today. So you weren't looking for advice prior to reinstalling. You'd already done that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
The Captain's Database tells us what missions you've done and are doing and on what date you're doing them. The system said you had picked up Patrols for Kassae and Risa today. So you weren't looking for advice prior to reinstalling. You'd already done that.
You mean the OP has been telling untruths. I wonder why he chose to do that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-03-2010, 11:50 AM
The game has gotten quite a bit better since launch. Season 1.1, has fixed several things. We have full space autofire, a better PvP queuing system, the Big 3 PvP space powers have gotten either downgraded or countered by other skills, a much improved crafting system is being added in a week or two and is up for test on tribble, and the Relief Aid missions have been greatly improved. Later this month, even more cool things will be coming out including episode replay, the accolade system, and the Squad system. In June, new emotes, a dabo minigame, and a random boff store are coming out. Then in July, the magic happens:
  • New Skillpoint Level Cap
  • High End Episode Sector
  • Multi-Faction Episode Sector
  • Klingon Episodes (with a unique enemy)
  • Federation Diplomatic Corps (non combat missions including Search and Rescue, First Contact, and Anthropology)
  • Player Ship Interiors (including the Ready Room, Sickbay, Engineering, the Lounge, Captain's Quarters, and a Transporter Room)
  • New Enemy Ship Designs
  • Ambient Wildlife Creatures
  • New Off-Duty Costumes
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda
You mean the OP has been telling untruths. I wonder why he chose to do that.
I don't think it's an intentional lie. He did leave for a month. I just took exception to the tone of the sentence I quoted. My point in the reply is that he did reinstall so he should just play the game and then let us know whether or not he like the few changes that would be available for him at his relatively low level.

I'm never big on trying to get strangers' advice about something I want to try. 10 people could have 10 opinions that have no bearing on how I might feel. To me it's just better to try it yourself and go from there.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
did that AFTER this post. And didnt uninstall it like I thought, just had to patch it up. which for a huge patch went pretty quick. Didnt even do those missions, picked em up and swapped to my RA character lol.

ANYWAY. Thanks for those updates. Ambient wildlife eh? can I shoot it? Im still looking for this difficulty slider, ill read through all the patch notes I missed. Still havnt seen anyone LFG D:
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
did that AFTER this post. And didnt uninstall it like I thought, just had to patch it up. which for a huge patch went pretty quick. Didnt even do those missions, picked em up and swapped to my RA character lol.

ANYWAY. Thanks for those updates. Ambient wildlife eh? can I shoot it? Im still looking for this difficulty slider, ill read through all the patch notes I missed. Still havnt seen anyone LFG D:
huh....Admiral quinn should give you a mission, "A Difficulty Decision" that tells you how to use the difficulty slider and whatnot.