Lt. Commander
Please? I'm not sure what, but something.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Well I'd expand it slightly and say, could we get more variety in melee weapons? Feds can still use Bat'Leths (they are a lot of fun) but some more variety would be nice (a sword of some type perhaps?

The main problem is (I suspect) the animations. Martial Arts has 10 animations and the Bat'leth has 7 (I think, there might be a few duplicates I'm missing) while the guns only have three for each type. So while new melee weapons would be wonderful it's probably going to be dependent on the animators having hte time to make them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Federation characters can obtain and use Bat'leths. Please leave swords, spears, bows and arrows to WoW and the like.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2010, 01:47 PM
The Dev Team stated they are adding more melee weapons in the future, so be patient. Until then, buy Bat'leths off the exchange or the Klingon shop on DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Just make a klink, buy one from an npc and mail it. I personally would like to see a fallout style power fist on my vulcan tactical...but failing that, there are those ceremonial weapons that Spock used to try to kill Kirk in TOS. Those would be cool
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Fact- Kirk- hit a gorn on both sides of it's head with open palms on the original series

Fact-on another show their weapons disappeared and kirk said "hand to hand"

Fact- No need to upgrade

Fact- No need to carry

the evidence is clear- Hand to hand- for the supeior officer
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Comment removed
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Federation characters can obtain and use Bat'leths. Please leave swords, spears, bows and arrows to WoW and the like.
What, no collapsible swords? I mean Kumar (or was it Harold) had one.

On a serious note, I wouldn't mind seeing a Klingon knife/dagger of some sort, like the one used in one of the emotes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Yes, the first up should be a dagger/knife of some sort. See NPC's doing this already.

Even today, most armed forces issue some sort of knife/bayonet.

Not really a fan of the folding sword,it's cheesy, but whatever. Would much rather see that Vulcan thing from Pon Far or whatever (staff with a crescent blade on one end and a big weight looking thing on the other).

I personally like how melee works in this game (for me at least)....kind of an "oh shizz, the bad guy is in close" desperation move, not SWG glowbat whack-a-mole all the time. Feels more like the scene with the cut off platoon in "We were soldiers", where they use rifle butts, knifes and helmets or the end of "Saving Private Ryan" with the struggle over the knife than generic fantasy game X in space.

Would prefer 1 or 2 weapons added every few patches, rather than a huge patch with lots of melee at once.

Would also like to see more Judo type throws, ect.....and, dare I say it, the Shatner drop kick, mainly because it's goofy in a way that only TOS Star Trek can be.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2010, 02:58 PM
The Andorian Ushaan-tor would be a good option.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Ushaan-tor

(and might get more people interested in completing the Andoria dueling areas.)