Lt. Commander
# 21
05-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeon_Hawkwood
But you did see Sulu wielding one . For that matter Picard was a fencer wasn't he?
I don't know, could have been.

BUT.....he DID get stabbed in the heart when he was younger. I believe it was a knife, haven't seen that episode in years.

I don't want generic melee weapons, and I hope that the other people who want melee weapons are like me and want canon weapons. A generic knife/dagger would be fine though. I can even give in to the saber from "The naked time".
Hell, I carry a knife in real life every day, unless I'm going to the airport or something like that, it's always on me, except in the shower or in bed, then it is near me.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Didn't the original starfleet technical reference have a stun baton, or am I thinking of something else? It's been a long time since I've looked at that book, but I vaguely remember a melee item that was used by security personnel for crowd control and other situations.
Lt. Commander
# 23 Canon weapons
05-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompo
I
I don't want generic melee weapons, and I hope that the other people who want melee weapons are like me and want canon weapons. A generic knife/dagger would be fine though. I can even give in to the saber from "The naked time".
Yeah, I mean I'm looking for something like the Amok Time weapons, or Sulu's sword, or what have you.

Mainly I want it to even things out in PvP...Bat'leths do a hell of a lot more damage, with more strikes than a simple rifle butt.
Lt. Commander
# 24 On my List
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Been on my list of almost 6 pages of items scene day one. I know feds can use the Klingon weapon. As of today only 1 item on my list has dealt with. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WereWolf359
Mainly I want it to even things out in PvP...Bat'leths do a hell of a lot more damage, with more strikes than a simple rifle butt.
Then use a Bat'Leth. I'd like more melee weapons for greater variety but since Feds can easily get Bat'leths the PvP balance argument is kinda silly.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-04-2010, 02:06 PM
I think melee needs to be balanced so that it can contend with the massive number of hold, root, slow, and knockback effects. A

As for giving the Feds more melee weapons, it just doesn't fit since most every combat scene in TOS, TNG, and DS9 that included Fed melee weapons was not as a part of a war effort, but as a special circumstance cultural dual/brawl. If you went to Andoria and had a dual, sure it's viable, but in ground pvp or away missions, not so much.

The only thing that would make sense to me would be a knife, bayonet, or stun prod for covert ops / security.
Lt. Commander
# 27 bayonet please
06-26-2010, 08:58 AM
As an old old army guy trained with 'em, it seems "logical" they wouldn't disappear. Just need a rifle to put them on.

Other than that I love this game; great graphics, plot, and players.

- O'l dog, new tricks

Capt Dux
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-26-2010, 09:56 AM
I would much rather have a bit of reality added with any weapons.

As it is now, a Klingon swordsmaster rushing up and stabbing my armor which has glowing ODN conduits on it should result in a fried Klingon. A Bat'leth would produce the same result.

They need to stop the mob mad rush of NPC's onto our Captains. Make them go to cover and fire at us instead.

No one is stupid enough to charge a group of people wearing power armor and carrying Arc Assault Cannon with a pair of knifes.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Yeah. I want Mackenzie Calhoun's Excalibur sword.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-26-2010, 01:23 PM
actually there are npc's using knifes