Lt. Commander
# 101
05-05-2010, 11:01 AM
I as well would like to be able to buy the ship in the C-Store but if they don't make it available there I want it anyway, so I'll be doing this recruiting business.

1) Is there a way (or will there be a way) to have more than one recruit a friend pass out there at a time? Right now i have a friend I sent one too who started playing last night, but I cant get another code to give to another friend

2) Please tell me this promotion has already started, because as i said in #1 i already have a friend checkin the game out.

I like others, have friends ... but most have either tried and left, or are still playing the game. It'll be a challenge to get 5 new people playing and subbed, s'also why i want to know if i can have multiple people on buddy passes at a time.

Edit Note: I Found out the answer to #2 by reading all of the whining posts in the thread, cool. and #1 seems to be kinda a moot point because its a different system being set up for recruiting now. Anyway, I too wish this becomes something i could just buy instead, but we'll see if i can get 5 friends to sign up that havent already signed up.
Lt. Commander
# 102
05-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Cryptic is right in offering a reward system for recruiting, heck, other places offer money for recruitment (DTV, Dish, ect...) The problem here is they offered the wrong reward, they offered the one thing that almost everyone wants, heck I want it, and there is no way I am going to be able to recruit people, however, they are not wrong for offering it, your all just sore because you want it, the only thing I would have a problem with, is if it has a cloak, and is the only Fed ship to have one, because then it changes gameplay, right now it is just a really cool coustume.
Lt. Commander
# 103
05-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
Cryptic is right in offering a reward system for recruiting, heck, other places offer money for recruitment (DTV, Dish, ect...) The problem here is they offered the wrong reward, they offered the one thing that almost everyone wants, heck I want it, and there is no way I am going to be able to recruit people, however, they are not wrong for offering it, your all just sore because you want it, the only thing I would have a problem with, is if it has a cloak, and is the only Fed ship to have one, because then it changes gameplay, right now it is just a really cool coustume.
they also babbled about a front phaser cannon ^^.

aside fro mthat:

your attempt at recruiting 5 more subbers has gotten you one less sub, mine.

good going cryptic.

The only thing, a t5 galaxy i and many others asked for since fckn open beta and you tie it to conditions that are not possible to fullfill.

Everyone knows about the hackjob that is sto, noone wants to even touch it. Getting 5 people to buy a game they already know they will not like is simply not possible.

They already formed their opinion and nothing you have done so far or plan on doing is gonna change their dislike of sto. Its a fundametal thing. "its not their thing"

Sto live because there are st fans that want it to live. and those guys are already playing - probably even have lifetime subs.

as they say: the jury has spoken already: you are to late.

so whats the point in ****ing your current subbers off like that?
Lt. Commander
# 104
05-05-2010, 12:12 PM
I for one don't care about what they give out as incentives in STO as long as they also make it available for sale in the c-store. Nothing in this game should be made available to anyone without it also being available to buy. There is absolutely no downside in it for Cryptic either. They make money either way and they end up making more money in the end.

I may not have 5 friends I can recruit for STO, but I have the money needed to buy it if they just make it available for sale.
Lt. Commander
# 105
05-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Cryptic has a long history of being lazy about advertising its own games. I've yet to see a promotion for CO, STO or COH (City of Heroes, When they owned the IP). It's big on vet rewards and giving off its exclusive™ items, some of which you will never see yourself.

In the end the game is still grossly bugged, lacking content. A cruel endgame design on it taking quite frankly months to purple out one character. Exclusives get more interest, but what Cryptic needs to learn is they need to fix the game to keep people. I'm a lifer so I can wait for the game to evolve to a point I get excited about grinding all day (just one day) to fully purple out and complete a toon.

In retrospect seeing what Cryptic did with CO and STO, the best thing they ever did was sell the CoH IP to NcSoft. Hell even the entire dev team for CoH that was with Cryptic jumped ship to NcSoft. (cept Jack, nobody wanted him )

Cryptic has a really good IP on their hands, lets hope they understand its about making a good game. They obviously want money, good games get money.
Lt. Commander
# 106
05-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
Cryptic has a long history of being lazy about advertising its own games. I've yet to see a promotion for CO, STO or COH (City of Heroes, When they owned the IP). It's big on vet rewards and giving off its exclusive™ items, some of which you will never see yourself.

In the end the game is still grossly bugged, lacking content. A cruel endgame design on it taking quite frankly months to purple out one character. Exclusives get more interest, but what Cryptic needs to learn is they need to fix the game to keep people. I'm a lifer so I can wait for the game to evolve to a point I get excited about grinding all day (just one day) to fully purple out and complete a toon.

In retrospect seeing what Cryptic did with CO and STO, the best thing they ever did was sell the CoH IP to NcSoft. Hell even the entire dev team for CoH that was with Cryptic jumped ship to NcSoft. (cept Jack, nobody wanted him )

Cryptic has a really good IP on their hands, lets hope they understand its about making a good game. They obviously want money, good games get money.
Well said. I'm not here because I'm a Cryptic fan, I'm here because I'm a Star Trek fan. I'm supporting the game because if STO fails, It could be 5-10 years if ever before we see another crack taken at a Star Trek MMO.

That said, Cryptic needs money, so put the damed ship in the C-store and I'll give them some.

'nough said.
Lt. Commander
# 107
05-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Sorry, I just don't see the big deal.. so they make ONE single ship an incentive for referers.. boo hoo.. what about all the ship we get, and will get anyway.

Suck it up and stop being a bunch of whingers.

Its a Mountain out of a mole hill..

I mean, im a lifetime subscriber and a consumer and I just don't feel like im being screwed over. Obviously they are going to offer limited incentives for certain things its an AGE OLD practice for enticing people and fairly sound and common business practice.

I didn't get an original trek connnie, but you don't see me throwing a kiddy fit.. I could have gotten one but I didnt. We can get a t5 galaxy if we want, if we don't thats not because they are dneying you, they have given ALL of us the same opportunity to get it.

Folks saying well if everyone can't have it too then im taking my ball and going home is purile and pointless.

I mean come on folks lets keep this in perspective.. ONE single ship is being put on offer for referers.. NOONE is being denied it, in fact EVERYONE is being given the chance to get it.

refer five people who sub for a month and its yours..heck wait until the game is on sale or budget like CO is right now and buy five copies yourself if you want it that much.

All this SHOUTING and RAGEQUITING for the sake of one ship, most folks could care less about is ridiculous.

Lately EVERYTHING they do, people blow it all out of proportion and whine endlessly. These forums used to be about the game now all they are is an endless stream of spoilt children whining because they cant have everything for nothing like they want it.

Cryptic are running a business, give them the courtesy of allowing them to do that, because the fact of it is, they give us plenty!

We all wanted a STAR TREK mmo, we have one, now lets try and be a little productive and support them and IT, so we can continue to have one by being constructive. Just endlessly complaining in order to get everything our own way all the time is completely counter productive.
Lt. Commander
# 108
05-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkElfa View Post
Well said. I'm not here because I'm a Cryptic fan, I'm here because I'm a Star Trek fan. I'm supporting the game because if STO fails, It could be 5-10 years if ever before we see another crack taken at a Star Trek MMO.

That said, Cryptic needs money, so put the damed ship in the C-store and I'll give them some.

'nough said.
Sadly, then it will become an argument of the "haves" and the "have nots". That being said, I also hope they sell everything at the cstore. CP doesn't really cost an arm and a leg. Truthfully IMO if a video game is really "stretching" your budget, you need to evaluate your priorities. Not trying to offend anyone, just being realistic.
Lt. Commander
# 109
05-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by driecken View Post
^^ Very much what I am thinking, I have not purchased lifetime yet but will, other than that I am pretty much in the same category.

I do not purchase via c-store, that stuff should be in game. This is becoming too much like the total war games these days with the "special unlocks" only available for money.

FYI-If you havent purchased lifetime when they offered it then u cant purchase it, was a limited time offer i believe.
Lt. Commander
# 110
05-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meconqueru
FYI-If you havent purchased lifetime when they offered it then u cant purchase it, was a limited time offer i believe.
I believe as long as you purchased the preorder its still available, just its now $300 and no perks :/
Closed Thread