Lt. Commander
# 181
05-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capraibex
So after 100 days one gets 1 free full respec and after 400 days one gets 1 other full respec?
Respec should be unlimited as reward in my opinion.

All these veteran rewards don't count for lifetime subscribers? They don't get them?
If they do why do they get again a free access to the captains table after 400 days?
Life-timers already have free access to the captains table, do life-timers get an alternate reward instead?
Lifers don't get any different rewqrds. Since non-lifers get access tot he Captain's Table after 400 days of an active subscription, I think the lifers should get all of the veteran rewards effective immediately.
Lt. Commander
# 182 i think its great
05-09-2010, 01:53 AM
I'm excited about these promotions........I'm not a lifer because I'm affraid of long term comitment, not because I don't like the. I like the game, and I think lifers shouldn't have the mindset that they are somehow worthy of more benefits just because they paid for the game ahead of time. Not to mention cryptic is doing this because they want to keep and maintain a steady base of subscribers. Lifers should have to put in the time just like everybody else.
Lt. Commander
# 183
05-09-2010, 02:23 AM
ya know if cryptic listened EVERY time that someone disliked a promo then we would have a big problem, this game would have weeks left to live. Like it or not it needs to be done. I would like to think the player base is not nearly matured yet..the numbers i hoppe are not fixed and i would HOPE that cryptic at THIS point is thinking very hard about every possible way to attract new players...if they dont the game wil die..as would any game. This game has had more than it's share of problems, it has been bashed rightly or wrongly doesn't matter..those things damage a game and it's rep.

So it makes sense to do what you can to get people back in, new people..espeically now there have been patches applied..EVERY time they bring out a new content patch I would expect this to happen..if it didn't i would think these guys were nutsd! lol. If you are one of the people that likes the game you just understand it has been on a rocky road the only way UP from here is not only to keep adding content and fixes...BUT ACTUALLY LETTING PEOPLE SEE IT..old and new..we need to get a solid recurrig player base. I dont know the current numbers..thats none of my business. I do know there are very few companies with that huge a reputation that theyb dont need to cut deals and do stuff to bring in more custom.

Yeah it's a pang sometimes if you see an item you want....but nothing offered is game changing, balance changing and those are the m,ost important things. the onyl time i think any of this would upset me is if new players were offered the genesis device and they were the special few flying around creating planets and destroying others! lol

Other than that..whats to be expected..people like activision/blizzard cabn afford MR T......cool for them.....i guess.

nt everyone is in that enviable position..so what uyou gonna do? whatever you can..or you could just sit behind a desk and HOPE until hope dies?
Lt. Commander
# 184
05-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QE2
but nothing offered is game changing
...have you actually read dstahl and Atari Marketing's descriptions of the Galaxy-X?
Lt. Commander
# 185
05-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Nothing offered via the C-Store is game changing, promotions don't count, just like the pre-order promotions and I'm sure they'll never change that.
Lt. Commander
# 186
05-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Nothing offered via the C-Store is game changing, promotions don't count, just like the pre-order promotions and I'm sure they'll never change that.
The only difference in selling powers via the C-store and promotions is what they call it. Of course, that's enough to give Atari an out to have its cake and eat it too
Lt. Commander
# 187
05-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubdevo View Post
Lifers should have to put in the time just like everybody else.
It's not solely based on time as much as it is consecutive subscription. Say you rack up 6 months of subscriptions, then let your sub lapse for a month, and continue on for antoher 6 months. Once you've let your subscription lapse, you start all over again. Lifers are already paid up beyond that period of time. Anyone who pays for their subscription beyond 400 days up front ai think shoudl get the rewards immediately, not just lifers.
Lt. Commander
# 188
05-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
It's not solely based on time as much as it is consecutive subscription. Say you rack up 6 months of subscriptions, then let your sub lapse for a month, and continue on for antoher 6 months. Once you've let your subscription lapse, you start all over again. Lifers are already paid up beyond that period of time. Anyone who pays for their subscription beyond 400 days up front ai think shoudl get the rewards immediately, not just lifers.
I thought the vet rewards were for total sub time, not consecutive?
Lt. Commander
# 189
05-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
I thought the vet rewards were for total sub time, not consecutive?
No! Not from my understanding anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 190
05-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Have you had any luck referring anyone yet?

I haven't, I've sent out 5 invites and I'm still trying to contact my friends to update them on the info that was given out way to late in my opinion, the "refer a friend" program FAQ should have been available much sooner to read.

It should also cover much more, I just typed into the box a bunch of good stuff about the game to try and entice my friends, but what I should have wrote, was that they need to download the demo and enter the referral key, I think, apparently it wont work if they enter the retail key first.

I really wasn't bothered to much by this promotion, I would love that Starship as well as the rest of the goodies so I am really trying, but the organisation of this promotion has not gone down very well at all IMO.
Closed Thread