Lt. Commander
# 21
05-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Somebody help me out, what date are they starting the count from, for the 100-400 day rewards? Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatness View Post
Damn, that almost makes me want to sign up 5 new dummy accounts, except I couldn't justify spending $120 or so dollars to do it.thankfully I have a couple of friends that may be interested, well interested enough for the first month anyway.
Was calculating that myself, lol
Lt. Commander
# 23 meh
05-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Looking for more ways to enjoy Star Trek Online? Take a look at our Promotions page to learn about Veteran rewards, free weekends and more!

Link to the news article.
Nothing but a poor copy of the CoX (City of Heroes, City of Villains) rewards, for paid time.
None of these things matter, other than maybe a respec. That's it. RA/BG5 don't give a crap about XP/SP, unless you're allowing them to go over the cap.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-03-2010, 10:35 PM
bleh, used my buddy key to get a mate hooked, noone else i know wants to play lol. no chance of retroactive for the buddy key system i bet
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Great, more content reduced to a gimmicky exclusive.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Will this be rewarded retroactively? All three of the trial accounts that came with my collectors edition were given to friends who bought the game.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I... I wanted that Galaxy Refit...
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Drat, the only friend I have in meatspace that was interested in STO already joined and plays it. If retroactive, I'd be stuck at 1. If not, 0. No 3 nacelled beautiful ship for this lifer.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Thanks for the info.
05-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Very interesting read indeed, please let us now when the new "Refer a Friend" system becomes fully functional ASAP and also, Rekhan please can you tell us whether the Lifetime Subscribers will get the Veteran Rewards instantly or will we get them after the specified number of days of play.
  • When did you start recording how many days we have played?

• Does it work by recording total accumulative hours per day?

• Does it work by recording subscribed days?

Cheers,

Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taallyn View Post
Well, I have to say this is the first of these "special offers" that has come around that I have a real issue with. First, I do not "recruit" people ... ever. I'll mention I play the game and give them my thoughts. But I will not ever "recruit" them regardless of the rewards. Second, having such an iconic and requested ship as a recruiter reward just puts a bad taste in my mouth. It could be a really expensive C-store item and I wouldn't complain. It could be a special boxed set reward and I wouldn't complain. However, as a recruiter reward I will complain. I think it's wrong and don't appreciate the attempted bribe to get players to push the game onto their friends. If you aren't confident enough in your game, why should I ask five friends to play it?

Bad form. Bad PR decision.
Umm, you DO realize that these days EVERY MMO (even Blizzard's World of ********) has a 'recruit a friend' program that gives rewards to the 'recruiters'. Yep - guess Blizzard must really have NO CONFIDENCE in World of ******** any longer either.
Closed Thread