Lt. Commander
# 41
05-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel118 View Post
I too am a little ticked over this. Like other lifers, I spent a lot of money up front, without any real idea how long the game will last. I did it because I love Star Trek, and have always wanted to captain my own ship. I have rarely spoken out against Cryptic, thinking that with time the game will get better and I'll want to keep playing, even though at this moment I'm a little bored with it and I haven't even reached RA5. To then see these rewards being doled out just to get more money and try to convince us to sell our word to get more rewards is disgusting. These rewards should be available in the C-store as well, and earn-able in game.

This crap is getting ridiculous. And then to offer access to the Captain's Table, which was supposed to be life exclusive, is a slap in the face. I mean, I can't even convince my friends to play because they aren't stupid and have read the reviews on this game, and realize its not exactly worth an investment right now. This stuff is ridiculous, and I'm tired of it. But of course this will be ignored, us lifers have no say anymore since they already got our money.
As a UK Lifer, I spent over 260 on ST:O. That's just under a 1/4 of my monthly pay. And my lifetime sub didn't come with any benefits (other than the crappy "Captains Table", which isn't really worth it). Hmm.

Cryptic need to increase Lifer benefits. Give us secial ships, weapons, shields etc. But to do nothing for Lifers while giving to those who recommend 5 friends to play ST:O isn't really fair.
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-04-2010, 05:08 AM
Have any of you people complaining about having to pay for extra ships costumes, or emotes, or bridge packs, ever played on Xbox Live? Everything extra for a game costs money! Cryptic is NOT the only company charging for extra things in game, because it is not required for the game to be played. You don't NEED anything from the C-Store. You have a choice to buy it or not. You don't like it? Deal with it. It is part of life. Fun things cost money. Everything costs money. Why do you feel like STO is the only game like this? Seriously, go play other games and understand that the rest of the gaming community puts up with this as well. You all want free stuff. Life isn't like that anymore, sorry to break it to you. STO is what it is, like it or not. I personally love it. Would I like things in the C-Store to be free? Yes. Will I complain about it on end when I have to pay money for something extra I want? No. Paying for C-Store items isn't the end of the world like so many of you seem to think.
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
I didn't want to edit my post again so I'm replying again. Considering a lot of people would love to get that particular Galaxy class ship, as well as the Excelsior, I'm extremely disappointed that it will only be available by getting someone to sign up based on your recommendation. That may change or it may also be a C-Store item, I don't know that, from what is listed it appears to only be available via the recommendation and subscription of another. If it stays that way and is only available that way I, and others, will be largely unhappy. over it.
All I can say is putting something like that where you can only get it by signing up 5 (soon to be former) friends speaks of them hurting for subscribers even worse than most of us thought.

And, has any MMO started "puh-LEAZE!" come back "veteran" free trials just 3 months after launch?

I think this is a new record.

Honestly, the best thing Cryptic can do at this point is get the stuff on the drawing board into the game as RAPIDLY as possible and hope that they make the game a viable ongoing concern before the subscriber base gets too small. THEN start marketing it. Best thing they could do right now for the health of this game is fire the whole marketing department and replace them with Devs to get this stuff done as soon as possible, for a Christmas 2010 "re-launch".
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-04-2010, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvel
Have any of you people complaining about having to pay for extra ships costumes, or emotes, or bridge packs, ever played on Xbox Live? Everything extra for a game costs money! Cryptic is NOT the only company charging for extra things in game, because it is not required for the game to be played. You don't NEED anything from the C-Store. You have a choice to buy it or not. You don't like it? Deal with it. It is part of life. Fun things cost money. Everything costs money. Why do you feel like STO is the only game like this? Seriously, go play other games and understand that the rest of the gaming community puts up with this as well. You all want free stuff. Life isn't like that anymore, sorry to break it to you. STO is what it is, like it or not. I personally love it. Would I like things in the C-Store to be free? Yes. Will I complain about it on end when I have to pay money for something extra I want? No. Paying for C-Store items isn't the end of the world like so many of you seem to think.
The subscription fee is supposed to be your payment for all new content. Unless they release an expansion.
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-04-2010, 05:15 AM
Noun

subscription (plural subscriptions)

1. access to a resource for a period of time.
Lt. Commander
# 46
05-04-2010, 05:22 AM
I brought my Wife, half of the Guild from the MMO i was playing before and a lot of Friends to STO. My Wife and i am Lifetimers and at least 9 of the people i brought to STO bought Lifetime Subs too. And now Cryptic says bring 5 more and you get Rewards? BOFF's and Ships? Really? Ridiculus. Cryptic is nothing more than a Cash Cow producing Company who is not able to bring enough Content in the Game for more than a Month or two. They put more effort in creating Ways to get some more Money out of the Player than to develop the Game. Please do us all a favor and give the Gamelicence back to CBS/Paramount so they can give it to a Company who knows how to make a good Game and who knows thats not a good thing to **** the Costumers off.
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-04-2010, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
I brought my Wife, half of the Guild from the MMO i was playing before and a lot of Friends to STO. My Wife and i am Lifetimers and at least 9 of the people i brought to STO bought Lifetime Subs too. And now Cryptic says bring 5 more and you get Rewards? BOFF's and Ships? Really? Ridiculus. Cryptic is nothing more than a Cash Cow producing Company who is not able to bring enough Content in the Game for more than a Month or two. They put more effort in creating Ways to get some more Money out of the Player than to develop the Game. Please do us all a favor and give the Gamelicence back to CBS/Paramount so they can give it to a Company who knows how to make a good Game and who knows thats not a good thing to **** the Costumers off.
CBS is just as bad, whoring out the Star Trek IP just as badly as George Lucas is doing to Star Wars.
Lt. Commander
# 48
05-04-2010, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
CBS is just as bad, whoring out the Star Trek IP just as badly as George Lucas is doing to Star Wars.
I know what you mean. I was playing SWG almost 6 Years.
Lt. Commander
# 49
05-04-2010, 06:05 AM

so... i am supposed to spam all e-mail i can find with referrals, then hope 5 of em pick up a sub.

Then you will give me things you had better put in the c-store?

Are you stupid or something?

Who thinks of such crap schemes?

Did that guy who thought of that get his brain sucked out by a dalek or something?

You can go and kindly help yourselves.to some sheep.
Lt. Commander
# 50
05-04-2010, 06:08 AM
I play this game 24/7 so I do not have any friends... no just kidding

Get out more and talk to people... then invite them in with you to play STO
Closed Thread