Lt. Commander
THe three nacceled Enterprise from the episode "All Good Things" is going to be given as an award. And it's TIER 5

However here's the catch.
You only get it after refering five friends to create an account and get them to subscribe for a month.

http://startrekonline.com/referral
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Cool I was waiting for the details on the referral program. Glad to see you have to work at it (or buy/sub five accounts) for it. One question to the devs - what CATEGORY ship will be able to use the skin, or will ALL be able to use it?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
THe three nacceled Enterprise from the episode "All Good Things" is going to be given as an award. And it's TIER 5

However here's the catch.
You only get it after refering five friends to create an account and get them to subscribe for a month.

http://startrekonline.com/referral
well great that means I won't be getting it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I want that ship so Badly...

I have a couple of questions though.

1.) Are the accounts going to be tracked by e-mail accounts?
2.) Assuming that you have a family, does having the same Credit Card count against this system? I'm thinking of getting this as a gift for my Dad and I want to surprise him with it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt_LSF
Cool I was waiting for the details on the referral program. Glad to see you have to work at it (or buy/sub five accounts) for it. One question to the devs - what CATEGORY ship will be able to use the skin, or will ALL be able to use it?
I hope it will be all categories. I don't know how I feel about this. I love love that ship and getting one person to buy the game and subscribe for a month will be hard let alone five.

However it's a clever way and inccentive to get more people into the community.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Well I have three people that are bugging me about details on the game. One for sure would get it just because it's Trek, the others would probably opt in if they wait til late summer and some of the changes in the pipe. As this isn't a limited time offer, as the game matures and improves I am pretty sure I could find another two at least to play. I won't be rushing out to find recruits with the current state of the game though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-03-2010, 05:56 PM
One of the few smart bits of marketing I have seen.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-03-2010, 06:08 PM
I might have to refer myself 5x, because no one I know (who isn't playing already) will touch this game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
I hope it will be all categories. I don't know how I feel about this. I love love that ship and getting one person to buy the game and subscribe for a month will be hard let alone five..
The downer is their first month is free if they purchase the game so they could decide not to stay for the second month and subscribe. Seems like you could go through a lot of wasted effort just to get 5 people to subscribe their second month. Unless that free month counts... which I doubt.

I'm not sure I want to invest the time or energy for these incentives.

Also seems like you would be waiting a while for these incentives to kick in.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2010, 06:11 PM
I am against this if there will be no other way to get it. Many people like myself have no way to recruit 5 people. It may be possible to get 1 person to get the holographic bridge officer, but 5? If Cryptic makes this refer all exclusive, I will be vehemently against it. The All Good Things Galaxy should have been the 400 day Veteran reward, instead of the Captain's Yacht. Everybody will be able to get the 400 day reward, but not everyone will be able to recruit 5 people.