Lt. Commander
# 11
05-03-2010, 06:13 PM
I seriously wonder how many people will pay for this themselves, after seeing multiple pre-order purchases from a single player, I am willing to bet a few. Not saying its wrong, but I dont have 5 friends that would play a MMO, let alone a star trek MMO.

Well I can only hope like everything else, that eventually it will be a C-store release. Also wondering if it will have warp 13 too. :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-03-2010, 06:15 PM
i agree with shikamaru. i don't know many MMO players and everyone else isn't even open to the idea of playing the game. My gf and brother already have lifetimes, so i'm pretty SoL. But i do tend to pretty much preach "sucks to be you" to people who say things like this.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Doesn't bother me. If I decide I want it bad enough, I'll buy five one month subs. I'm sure I can get a few people to try the game, though.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Lots of nice incentives, for sure.

I'd love to get my hands on the Holographic Tribble & Bridge Officer (especially if it's a female or is gender selectable).

I'm not so jazzed about the T5 ship, though. I guess if it had Universal Officer & Console Slots, it'd be the Best of Both Worlds (shameless Trek episode plug)!
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
I am against this if there will be no other way to get it. Many people like myself have no way to recruit 5 people. It may be possible to get 1 person to get the holographic bridge officer, but 5? If Cryptic makes this refer all exclusive, I will be vehemently against it. The All Good Things Galaxy should have been the 400 day Veteran reward, instead of the Captain's Yacht. Everybody will be able to get the 400 day reward, but not everyone will be able to recruit 5 people.
I agree completely. I could see some people trying it out but even as an LTSer, might currently be hard pressed to get some friends to buy and pay for a month especially with other very hot games coming out on pc, console etc...

http://www.trekmania.net/the_fleet/u...ts/galref3.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-03-2010, 06:26 PM
You know it's funny. Way back when Cryptic did this with the Valentines Day event for City of Heroes and got such a backlash they swore they had learned the error of their ways and would never introduce rewards like this for recruiting again. Well, here we are again.

Most players who have friends that would play the game have already recruited them via CE buddy cards, buddy codes, etc.. And now we're supposed to recruit more to get these things? Well, I'm fresh out of friends that would want to play this game. So, I guess I'm SOL now. Maybe I should go to an airport with a bunch of flowers and recruit new players like the Hare Krishnas recruit new cult members.

Thanks Cryptic! Real smart way to gain new players while at the same time disgruntling your current players.

Your marketing department is run by idjots.

Lt. Commander
# 17
05-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akikisaragi
I agree completely. I could see some people trying it out but even as an LTSer, might currently be hard pressed to get some friends to buy and pay for a month especially with other very hot games coming out on pc, console etc...

http://www.trekmania.net/the_fleet/u...ts/galref3.jpg
The only way I see myself getting is is buying the game for the holidays, and give it and 15 bucks to family.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Dammit, I want that ship and all my friends already play or have accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-03-2010, 06:35 PM
not making enough money through the C-store that they resort to this crap?

they should spend more time working on the game and less time on ridiculous promotions like this. after the last 1.1 patch being a complete buggy untested mess you'd think they would try and straighten out their priorities.

how about simply releasing the godamn ship for free in the next update? whatever happened to adding free content to the game?? make it a drop from Terrordome STF or something. a monkey could design this game better.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-03-2010, 06:37 PM
who says this won't appear on the c-store?