Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
05-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
who says this won't appear on the c-store?
well let's see, 5 copies of the game + 1 month sub for each would amount to about £150, that would equal about 20-25k C-points, it would just be ludicrous to have something so expensive on the c-store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
05-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
who says this won't appear on the c-store?
Why would it be if it's being used a recruitment bonus?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
05-03-2010, 06:42 PM
...........

So I need to get five people to buy the game and then pay for a month?

Gamestop is selling normal edition for 30 bucks....

30 x 5 = 150

Five subscriptions at 15 a piece....

5 x 15 = 75

150 + 75 = 225

....for a...ship...>_>....

Well, that's for people who can't get five people to sub. I'm pretty sure I'll get another copy and sub it just for the holo officer....if it turns out to be something cool but...man... I've ALWAYS wanted that ship in this game. I used to play Bridge Commander with that thing for hours on end...and now...-_-;

It feels kind of like a low blow but hey... that's some incentive to get people to try this game...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
05-03-2010, 06:42 PM
From an Aesththetic point of view, the AGT Enterprise is ugly as hell. Nobody would dream of taking a classic Jaguar and putting fins and a fifth wheel on it to make it look "cooler". Andrew Probert designed the Galaxy class to have a very distinctive look which gets destroyed by all those tacked on bits.

The only way I'd even want this ship is if it had the superphaser mounted on it, which I highly doubt is the case here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
05-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
well let's see, 5 copies of the game + 1 month sub for each would amount to about £150, that would equal about 20-25k C-points, it would just be ludicrous to have something so expensive on the c-store.
I assuming you ignored all the other benefits (including c-store points) you'd get as well.:

Quote:
Once your recruit has subscribed to the game for a month, you’ll earn:

* A new title: Recruiter.
* An exclusive Holographic Bridge Officer (works with Federation and Klingon players).
* 400 Cryptic Points.

For each additional recruit that subscribes to the game, you’ll receive an additional 400 Cryptic Points. Once you’ve recruited five subscribers, you’ll receive these great rewards:

* A new title: Master Recruiter
* A special ship: The Tier 5 "All Good Things" Galaxy Class.
Note that the ship is "special" but not exclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akikisaragi
Why would it be if it's being used a recruitment bonus?
It could be on c-store (or even vet rewards) because it isn't the only recruitment bonus - also the language above. There are a lot of people jumping to conclusions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
05-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Be sure to read the fine print on the Referral page:

Note: Some game play restrictions apply for recruits, see FAQ. While supplies last. Only active subscribers to Star Trek Online can send invitations. For the recruiter to qualify for the Star Trek Online purchase rewards, recruits must enter a valid Star Trek Online retail Product Registration Key. To qualify for the subscription rewards, recruits must be billed for at least a one month of subscription.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
05-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand_Altair
Be sure to read the fine print on the Referral page:

Note: Some game play restrictions apply for recruits, see FAQ. While supplies last. Only active subscribers to Star Trek Online can send invitations. For the recruiter to qualify for the Star Trek Online purchase rewards, recruits must enter a valid Star Trek Online retail Product Registration Key. To qualify for the subscription rewards, recruits must be billed for at least a one month of subscription.
you can't run out of supplies of some 1's and 0's in a database
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
05-03-2010, 06:48 PM
If you got stickler friends, STO is just not going to cut it with them. Hmmm STO or Lost Planet 2? Or STO or Split Second or Red Dead Redemption etc...or SC3 which comes out July 27th and so on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
05-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
you can't run out of supplies of some 1's and 0's in a database
Good point. I just wanted people to see the fine print, in case they missed it. I'm curious why they'd have that redded clause, though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
05-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akikisaragi
If you got stickler friends, STO is just not going to cut it with them. Hmmm STO or Lost Planet 2? Or STO or Split Second or Red Dead Redemption etc...or SC3 which comes out July 27th and so on.
Or the "Going Rogue" expansion for "City of Heroes" ($40 USD -- *with* add-on pack).

Still, it's a great recruitment incentive package for STO players.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:39 AM.