I have reported this at least 2 times through the online bug system, weeks ago, and I see it so often when playing the cure, and DS9, and other missions, both to myself and other players, that I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet. I'm not sure if it's a case of Cryptic not believing there's an issue (which would be strange considering how many complaints there are about it), or of not being able to reproduce, in which case, I suggest they use nothing but sniper rifles and go through The cure and/or ds9 a couple of times.
Here are the symptoms:
- while in the heat of ground battle and using any type of sniper rifle, you notice that the red dot beam used to aim the rifle didn't go away.
- you then try to move and find out you can't
- You try to roll and you can't
- You die and re-spawn, and still you are stuck and the red beam is still coming out of your rifle
The only way to fix this is to beam up and beam back down losing progress and often having to jog a marathon in the cure or repeat a lot of work in other missions, or to log out (which makes you auto leave your team).
- I have all auto targeting options enabled
- I have the standard fire button bound to the 1 key
- I have the sniper shot button bound to 2 key
- During battle I am repeatedly hitting 1 and 2 keys as soon as they enable
- During battle I am hitting target optics and other buffs (the one that puts the crosshairs on the target)
Dave I know the joke, but I'm not sure which part you think who shouldn't be doing. binding keys to shooting actions, and using sniper rifles is legit use of "by design" feature. If I had to guess what's happening, I'd say it's a concurrency issue. The target of my sniper shot is killed miliseconds before my shot hit it and this causes a db level deadlock. Either way they should either prevent it from happening or come up with a less painful workaround when it does happen.