Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 91
05-04-2010, 10:13 AM
This game is rapidly devolving into a Trekkie digital collection of fluff. No real game needed, just log on admire your Borg officer, your special ship costume and your mini skirt. What's the next thing to collect? A new exclusive ship skin? I gotta have that!

I honestly don't think a digital toy room will be enough to support this game. Not with nost people anyways. I understand that vanity and collection is a vital part of MMOs, but it's usually the frosting on a game, not the game itself. Well, outside of Second Life that is.

I like eye candy as much as the next guy, but I'm not seeing much more than that being released. Yeah, I know about the "Zergasodes", they don't really interest me. Terrordome looks interesting, at least there is voice, but it's still just kill everything in sight.

We definetly need more bread in this game and less cake if you ask me. Yeah, I know...later.

Now, everyone go back to argueing over this game breaking issue of yet another exclusive "costume".
Lt. Commander
# 92
05-04-2010, 10:15 AM
I agree.

I'd like access to that ship without having to go through the hoops of inviting someone to a game that I wouldn't even recommend in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 93
05-04-2010, 10:18 AM
I do not have any problem with this, but if I were Cryptic, put something in place to get people to stay first.

Now, in fairness I have not tried the new content, but do you think it is enough?

I think you guys might be putting the cart before the horse. Get some content in, then start a referal program. Currently my recommendation is "wait and see."
Lt. Commander
# 94
05-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WooShoo View Post
First, I think the 3-nacelle designs (and most of the Cryptic ship designs) are horrible.

Intrepdiox and Flato, I agree with both of you. It's utterly amazing how much money people seem willing to throw at this game rather than take a little time to earn it in-game. For all of you who complained about raids and who made all of those cute little quips about what they can do with raids, that's how a lot of other people feel about all of the items going into the C-store or being tacked on to things like the RAF promotion. Do I need or want every little item in the game? No, not even close, but I am willing to spend time in-game to earn what I want since I don't think it's fair to pay a subscription and something extra for items that a lot of P2P MMOs include in their games as part of the monthly fee.

Seriously Cryptic, add all of this C-store garbage as STF rewards or other mission/FA rewards and watch your retention double instantly. While there will always be the people who don't mind being taken advantage of to buy from the C-store, there are also a lot of people paying $15/month who will stay in just to earn that one item they really want but don't want to pay extra for and then they will repeat that again for the next item.

Kinda makes you wonder which Cryptic is more interested in: $2.00 now or $15.00 month-to-month.
i'm glad there are some people that can see sense, I was beginning to think I was going insane and maybe *I* was wrong! hah!

but yeah...
Step 1. Remove all the C-Store ships from the C-Store, refund everyone their points. (And I am one of the people that has bought all of the C-store ships thus-far and a bunch of Bridge packs)
Step 2. Add "Schematics" that drop from the end bosses on STF's. You use the Schematic to build the ship parts in the new Memory Alpha system.
Step 3. Profit. Watch your retention rate of the game increase 200% and people actually running the end-game STF's, having fun and playing the game because they have something to work towards not just junk Valour badges for duplicate gear with a crappy [Borg] affix.

but rather than the above, Cryptic would prefer to just make a quick buck before the game goes under rather than try to salvage it.
Lt. Commander
# 95
05-04-2010, 10:27 AM
If this Galaxy class has the same turn rate the T4 one does, I'll stick with my Sovereign cruiser anyway. Getting carpal tunnel syndrome just trying to make a simple turn is ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 96
05-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Agreed with those saying it should be a quest reward or some sort of reward in game for achieving something. As should a lot of other stuff. Giving people reason to do things is what this game is needing. Instead of charging people for content while not providing enough in the game itself is kind of counter productive. Start putting in missions that unlock items. Put in a mission where you have to figure out how to stop a paradox from happening or something that iinvolves Q teaching you a lesson about life and when you compelete it it unlocks the 3 nacelle Galaxy. I mean geez, it just seems so obvious to me to do stuff like this.
Lt. Commander
# 97
05-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
Agreed with those saying it should be a quest reward or some sort of reward in game for achieving something. As should a lot of other stuff. Giving people reason to do things is what this game is needing. Instead of charging people for content while not providing enough in the game itself is kind of counter productive. Start putting in missions that unlock items. Put in a mission where you have to figure out how to stop a paradox from happening or something that iinvolves Q teaching you a lesson about life and when you compelete it it unlocks the 3 nacelle Galaxy. I mean geez, it just seems so obvious to me to do stuff like this.
I know right? it's like, they have the answer to improving the game sitting right in front of their faces and they just aren't doing it! it's so baffling, really what is going through their heads?
Lt. Commander
# 98
05-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
Agreed with those saying it should be a quest reward or some sort of reward in game for achieving something...
Before any more pitchforks get handed out... let me offer up some info before you go burning down the village.

The 3-Nacelle Future Enterprise config will be an exclusive variant of a T5 Galaxy ship we are planning to add to the game as we increase the skillcap at various points in the future. In fact I see plans on the schedule to add T5 versions of the Galaxy, Intrepid, and Defiant class.

So yes - the Future Enterprise - 3 Nacelle config is an exclusive "variant" and may be the only T5 Galaxy for a while, but there will be ways to get similar ships in the future - they just might not have the 3rd Nacelle - or front mount single phaser cannon.

you may now go back to your regularly scheduled riot...
Lt. Commander
# 99
05-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Before any more pitchforks get handed out... let me offer up some info before you go burning down the village.

The 3-Nacelle Future Enterprise config will be an exclusive variant of a T5 Galaxy ship we are planning to add to the game as we increase the skillcap at various points in the future. In fact I see plans on the schedule to add T5 versions of the Galaxy, Intrepid, and Defiant class.

So yes - the Future Enterprise - 3 Nacelle config is an exclusive "variant" and may be the only T5 Galaxy for a while, but there will be ways to get similar ships in the future - they just might not have the 3rd Nacelle - or front mount single phaser cannon.

you may now go back to you regularly scheduled riot...
That made me LOL so much
Lt. Commander
# 100
05-04-2010, 10:51 AM
IMHO you guys should make a forum rule; any post that calls for getting rid of C-Store exclusive items needs to be replaced with pictures of kittens and locked.
Closed Thread