Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 1001
05-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
I'm suggesting, in an admittedly bitter and sarcastic manner, that joyous anticipation of special powers and abilities from an item that is being basically bought outright is being happy that Cryptic is selling special abilities rather than having them be part of the basic game mechanics and enriching the possibilities of what can be earned in-game.
Except RAF rewards have no relationship to selling special in game abilities, one is a reward for getting 5 additional subscribers, one is going to the C-Store and buying an i-win button.
Lt. Commander
# 1002
05-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
I'm suggesting, in an admittedly bitter and sarcastic manner, that joyous anticipation of special powers and abilities from an item that is being basically bought outright is being happy that Cryptic is selling special abilities rather than having them be part of the basic game mechanics and enriching the possibilities of what can be earned in-game.
How do you know that the other T5 variants he mentioned as being developed for the game won't have any kind of special abilities unique to them too?
Lt. Commander
# 1003
05-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teranika View Post
Except RAF rewards have no relationship to selling special in game abilities, one is a reward for getting 5 additional subscribers, one is going to the C-Store and buying an i-win button.
No, it's a reward for causing 5 boxes to be purchased and have those copies subscribe for at least one month each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
How do you know that the other T5 variants he mentioned as being developed for the game won't have any kind of special abilities unique to them too?
You're speculating.
Lt. Commander
# 1004
05-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Because if they did that, then where would be the incentive to play already existing T5 ships?

It's a vicious cycle.

Lt. Commander
# 1005
05-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
They must purchase a copy of the game after their Free Trial runs out. That's how you get the Holo-Tribble. After they have played their free month and subscribed for an additional month you get your Holo-BO and Cryptic Points. When you get 5 people to do that you get your Galaxy X.
i haven't seen anything on any of the offical pages concerning either a holo tribble or the requirements to purchase the game, can you link it please?
Lt. Commander
# 1006
05-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
i haven't seen anything on any of the offical pages concerning either a holo tribble or the requirements to purchase the game, can you link it please?
Here you go. It's on the Referral Page under "What are the benefits and rewards."
Lt. Commander
# 1007
Quote:
You're speculating.
LMAO! So are you. :p

Quote:
Because if they did that, then where would be the incentive to play already existing T5 ships?
Personal preference? I for one would stick with my Sovereign. I really don't need a T5 Galaxy class than can separate if it gets added.
Lt. Commander
# 1008
You know what... heres a great way to have a real laugh with this promotion.

Get 5 people to subscribe = Get Galaxy-X

Player only has the Galaxy-X as long as those 5 REMAIN active.

If they leave / become in-active - Galaxy-X Removed from player

Yeah... those folks that go and cheat to buy it for themselves will have to maintain 5 seperate accounts to keep the Galaxy-X in their inventory thus providing Cryptic a SUSTAINED income for development.

6x$20 a month, every month = $120

DO IT CRYPTIC !!!!
Lt. Commander
# 1009
05-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
It's the reward for recruiting a player (they don't have to sub for a second month, it's automatic once they are in).

http://www.startrekonline.com/referral
Lt. Commander
# 1010
05-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
It's the reward for recruiting a player (they don't have to sub for a second month, it's automatic once they are in).

http://www.startrekonline.com/referral
They need to subscribe to the game for a month. That doesn't mean the Free month which comes with the game.

You get a Holo-Tribble if they buy it. You get a Holo-BO if they subscribe after buying it.
Closed Thread