Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 1021
05-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
Hence the proverbial carrot on the stick; you want it, go out and help the game :p

Not only do we get the privilege of paying to play the game but we get to also work for cyptic.

Hey maybe this will catch on, next time you buy gas or groceries you can pump a few others ppls gas and start bagging groceries for other customers.
Lt. Commander
# 1022
05-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
You know what... heres a great way to have a real laugh with this promotion.

Get 5 people to subscribe = Get Galaxy-X

Player only has the Galaxy-X as long as those 5 REMAIN active.

If they leave / become in-active - Galaxy-X Removed from player

Yeah... those folks that go and cheat to buy it for themselves will have to maintain 5 seperate accounts to keep the Galaxy-X in their inventory thus providing Cryptic a SUSTAINED income for development.

6x$20 a month, every month = $120

DO IT CRYPTIC !!!!
Now there's an impossible task. It's going to be a challenge just to get 5 people to subscribe for a month, let alone keeping them indefinitely.
Lt. Commander
# 1023
05-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Not only do we get the privilege of paying to play the game but we get to also work for cyptic.

Hey maybe this will catch on, next time you buy gas or groceries you can pump a few others ppls gas and start bagging groceries for other customers.
Is this your first MMO? If not you should know that they all have similar RAF programs. I don't currently play WoW. You should ask Zoot if he's seen anyone flying around on the X-53 rocket they offer to their fans who bring in new subscriptions.
Lt. Commander
# 1024
05-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrat View Post

Your arguments against the C-Store aside, if you want to improve the game you play you sometimes need to put in a little effort. If you don't want the item then it doesn't matter to you anyway, but if you do then you actually need to work for it.
Lt. Commander
# 1025
05-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teranika View Post
Everyone (except where prohibited by silly laws) has the chance to get the RAF rewards, everyone. It can't be done any fairer than it is. So, I'm not getting the 'no one else is going to have a chance of getting' part... everyone has a chance at getting it.
lol everyone has a chance to get it, followed by a disclaimer saying who cant.

That fails on logically on so many levels.
Lt. Commander
# 1026
05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
lol everyone has a chance to get it, followed by a disclaimer saying who cant.

That fails on logically on so many levels.
You misread what he said. He said that everybody has a chance to get it, and then followed by saying that he doesn't understand why people are saying that you can't get it. His "disclaimer" was to include the only people who would have trouble legally obtaining it due to the laws of the country, i.e. Denmark (speaking of which, is this game even sold in Denmark? Honest question really, I know there are clients for Germany and whatnot but I don't know about Denmark)
Lt. Commander
# 1027
05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Is this your first MMO? If not you should know that they all have similar RAF programs. I don't currently play WoW. You should ask Zoot if he's seen anyone flying around on the X-53 rocket they offer to their fans who bring in new subscriptions.
So because eveyone does it its a good idea. Guess when its not a rhetorical question to some when they ask if all your friends jumped off a bridge would you too.
Lt. Commander
# 1028
05-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The difference is that in WoW they have a more realistic goal of recruiting one friend, for 90 days, rather than 5 friends for 60 days.

Also, the rocket mount is basically cosmetic/cool as opposed to the Galaxy X, which will actually differ in tangible ways from any other ships that are available, and possibly give a noticeable in game advantage (or not, we really don't know until it's been revealed).
Lt. Commander
# 1029
Thanks for all the feedback, folks. I've moved this over to the C-Store and Promotions feedback forum now that it's up and running.
Lt. Commander
# 1030
Quote:
So because eveyone does it its a good idea. Guess when its not a rhetorical question to some when they ask if all your friends jumped off a bridge would you too.
The program itself is a good business move for MMOs in general. Extenuating circumstances might cause it to do better or worse than others, but if it was a failing model then nobody would be doing it anymore.....
Closed Thread