Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 1051
05-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Its nearly impoosible to get 5 players into that actual game... not enough content, no wow-effect...
Lt. Commander
# 1052
05-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Its nearly impoosible to get 5 players into that actual game... not enough content, no wow-effect...
I've already gotten 5 players into the game and plan to add more over the next couple of weeks. It's only impossible if you're unwilling to try.
Lt. Commander
# 1053
05-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaben View Post
Actually i'm wow'd by the graphics and engine. Lots of possibilities. I'm also wow'd by the promises they make.

I would say, if the update in July is as good as they say it will be.. (heavy content ridden for KDF and excellent ship interiors as recently posted by Dshatl) Then I would easily recommend STO to as many friends as I can.
Lt. Commander
# 1054
05-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I've already gotten 5 players into the game and plan to add more over the next couple of weeks. It's only impossible if you're unwilling to try.
Yeah.
Sending referrals to your own emails doesn't count, dear.
Lt. Commander
# 1055
05-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
Yeah.
Sending referrals to your own emails doesn't count, dear.
Some of us have friends and acquaintances and so don't need to do that.
Lt. Commander
# 1056
05-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Some of us have friends and acquaintances and so don't need to do that.
And every single one of those acquantances has an interest in MMOs, Star Trek and computers powerful enough to run STO.
You must live in Silicon Valley or next to MIT because here in the real world it doesn't work like that.
Lt. Commander
# 1057
05-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
And every single one of those acquantances has an interest in MMOs, Star Trek and computers powerful enough to run STO.
You must live in Silicon Valley or next to MIT because here in the real world it doesn't work like that.
I doubt he would have said so unless he knew that he could do it.....
Lt. Commander
# 1058
05-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
I doubt he would have said so unless he knew that he could do it.....
Like I said, it isn't a "friend" if it's yourself.
Come now, that's the real reason for this program and you all know it. People set a terrible precident when they bought multiple copies of the game just to recieve all the "exclusives".
The same thing is at work here, because Cryptic saw that and decided to see just how much they could push this concept. If you'll note, the referral rewards in CO are nowhere near the level of STO's.e
Lt. Commander
# 1059
05-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry. Did I say that I was going to send an invite to every person I knew in the world? I don't believe I did. I am in 6 different Guilds and have access some 300 different MMO acquaintances there alone. My private mail list has over 100 friends on it and I'm also on several pnp forums - including one dedicated to Star Trek. Some of us know a lot of people who are interested in different aspects of games. Contrary to the image many would like to believe not all gamers are isolationists who live in their parents basements.
Lt. Commander
# 1060
05-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry. Did I say that I was going to send an invite to every person I knew in the world? I don't believe I did. I am in 6 different Guilds and have access some 300 different MMO acquaintances there alone. My private mail list has over 100 friends on it and I'm also on several pnp forums - including one dedicated to Star Trek. Some of us know a lot of people who are interested in different aspects of games. Contrary to the image many would like to believe not all gamers are isolationists who live in their parents basements.
I see, so you're going to spam all your acquantance contacts and see who bites.
Yeah. You see, that's not referring friends. That's being a salesman.

God if I thought Cryptic were that clever I'd think this was all a conspiracy to garner support for full open pvp, because I guarantee you nobody would cry at roving bands of Klingons mass-ganking every one of these rich kids and salesmen in their Galaxy Xs.
Closed Thread