Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 1101
05-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Is there any chance the Galaxy X will be made available through the C-store later on? I really don't mind paying up the ying-yang (like 2-3 times the cost of a new variant) through the C-Store, but recruiting 5 people and asking them to sign up? I'd probably have a better chance at asking people to join a religion.
Lt. Commander
# 1102
05-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitCloudkicker View Post
I'd probably have a better chance at asking people to join a religion.
Don't most consider Star Trek a religion?
Lt. Commander
# 1103
05-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Don't most consider Star Trek a religion?
Only in Futurama, sadly.
Lt. Commander
# 1104
05-10-2010, 02:57 PM
So no one on this forum has 5 people who are willing to play Trek with you? And you feel that no one will EVER play you?

It is a "Get 5 people" eventually reward. I do not have 5 people right now (two I signed up with my collectors edition,) but I do have 1 new one. If I get desperate for the Galaxy X, I'll just start giving STO as birthday gifts .

Right now the Galaxy X costs $280 if you just want to purchase it. Then you can hotbox a fleet and to what us Trekkers are best at... playing with ourselves
Lt. Commander
# 1105
05-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikturscale View Post
So no one on this forum has 5 people who are willing to play Trek with you? And you feel that no one will EVER play you?

It is a "Get 5 people" eventually reward. I do not have 5 people right now (two I signed up with my collectors edition,) but I do have 1 new one. If I get desperate for the Galaxy X, I'll just start giving STO as birthday gifts .

Right now the Galaxy X costs $280 if you just want to purchase it. Then you can hotbox a fleet and to what us Trekkers are best at... playing with ourselves
What about those of us who have already recruited more than five and are feeling burned starting out in the promo @ 0?
Lt. Commander
# 1106
05-10-2010, 04:02 PM
as was said at multiple times:

Our friends ALREADY BLODDY JOINED WITH US WHEN THE GAME LAUNCHED.

And those of them that left, left for damn good reasons and wont be coming back, ever.

The pond is empty - no more fish to catch.
Lt. Commander
# 1107
05-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikturscale View Post

When I started this game I got one of my brothers, a sister and my mom to play. Several of my friends got the game as well. If those referrals counted then maybe it would be possible to get 5 referrals. Now this late into the game it is quite impossible however. 5 referrals is an insane number of referrals anyways. 1 sure 2 difficult but doable, 5 insane. Even worse with all of the very unstartrek like cryptic designs in the game they choose to do this with one of the only ships that actually looks like it belongs in Star Trek. That is not right.
Lt. Commander
# 1108
05-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey Devs... you have a thread with over 1100 posts and almost 29000 views... what's that tell you about peoples desire for the Galaxy-X?

I would like it too, but will never have it unless you offer alternative methods for acquiring the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 1109
05-10-2010, 11:35 PM
What you fail to realize is that all this posting shows how much we want this ship.

They will never back down now.

Start buying more STO games so you can have one too.
Lt. Commander
# 1110
05-10-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm back after being kidnapped by Martians!
The Martians told me that they didn't think the Galaxy X was fair either, but refused to declare war on Cryptic because it's an internal human affair.

Stupid Martians.

Anyway yeah, this showing of interest was a double edged sword all along. Logically, Cryptic should see this and grant it to everyone.
But in bottom line business, they're just thinking of all the desperate people buying themselves the game 5 times for this and laughing. Laughing I tell you!
Closed Thread