Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 1131
05-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
Hey Devs... you have a thread with over 1100 posts and almost 29000 views... what's that tell you about peoples desire for the Galaxy-X?

I would like it too, but will never have it unless you offer alternative methods for acquiring the ship.
but how many are for making it available other ways and how many against? also most of the posters are the same people over and over again

I've said it before and i'll say it agin let's go to a store together i'll buy something and you try to convince them to give you the same product for free or some other way

also like another poster stated this isn't you have one week to do this you have time get out there put the work in for what you want
Lt. Commander
# 1132
05-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
but how many are for making it available other ways and how many against? also most of the posters are the same people over and over again

I've said it before and i'll say it agin let's go to a store together i'll buy something and you try to convince them to give you the same product for free or some other way

also like another poster stated this isn't you have one week to do this you have time get out there put the work in for what you want
If Cryptic hadn't continuously claimed that STO wasn't going to become the sort of cash shop MMO where you pay for items of power, then your argument would have some merit.
Lt. Commander
# 1133
05-12-2010, 06:05 PM
never believe any mmo that isn't going to cash in when they can look at swg just be glad there isn't tcg here yet where all the cool new things from packs with lottery chances of getting the new cool item
Lt. Commander
# 1134
05-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Again with SWG.
Comparing STO with SWG is like saying the weather in Britain isn't so bad when compared with Jupiter.
Lt. Commander
# 1135
05-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
Again with SWG.
Comparing STO with SWG is like saying the weather in Britain isn't so bad when compared with Jupiter.
Or comparing ANY MMO with WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 1136
05-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks Cryptic for burying this thread so successfully, took me a good 10 minutes to find again after it was moved from General Discussions. Kinda obvious they way they're sweeping criticism of their plans under the rug, just another example of why people are drifting awy from the game.

If the Galaxy-X referral concept is such a bad policy, why is Cryptic trying to pull an "Australian Government" approach and ploughing ahead with it anyway. sticking your fingers in your ears and going "Nya-Nya-Nya!" to drown out complaints does not make your concept any better.
Lt. Commander
# 1137
05-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by count23 View Post
If the Galaxy-X referral concept is such a bad policy, why is Cryptic trying to pull an "Australian Government" approach and ploughing ahead with it anyway. sticking your fingers in your ears and going "Nya-Nya-Nya!" to drown out complaints does not make your concept any better.
Because its too late to back out now for both Cryptic and the Rudd government... they've dug themselves in too deep on their respective issues to back out, pride and reputation (Lol) withstanding.

Can you imagine if Cryptic gave in about the Galaxy now? They'd never hear the end of it, especially when making future decisions that the community disagreed with.
Lt. Commander
# 1138
05-13-2010, 04:56 AM
fine what mmo should sto be compared to all mmos have one thing in common they are businesses businesses exist to amke money and people that constantly want the special items free or other ways simply hurt the companies bottom line and thus hurt the chance of survival of the business if the game is too expenseive for you may i suggest a browser mmo
Lt. Commander
# 1139
05-13-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
fine what mmo should sto be compared to all mmos have one thing in common they are businesses businesses exist to amke money and people that constantly want the special items free or other ways simply hurt the companies bottom line and thus hurt the chance of survival of the business if the game is too expenseive for you may i suggest a browser mmo
Angering your customers with blatantly obvious nickel and diming is bad for business, you know.
But if you consider temporary profit superior to long term financial viability then by all means continue to defend Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 1140
05-13-2010, 07:13 AM
companies need to continously make money and if subscriptions are down as sources keep saying they have to make the income up somewhere
Closed Thread