Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 1141
05-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
Angering your customers with blatantly obvious nickel and diming is bad for business, you know.
But if you consider temporary profit superior to long term financial viability then by all means continue to defend Cryptic.
And completely devaluing "rewards" by making anyone with a bug up their shuttle bay able to get it for sneezing makes effort and dedication meaningless.

You still think there should be NO exclusivity for rewards?

Based on what?

Sorry, but you're shafting people that want to actually earn things by making it so you can slouch your way through life.

Look, I'm still with you on making this specific item something anyone can get, but on the condition something else, something different, become an *exclusive* reward for the referral system.

Have your X, but no cloak or cannon. Or give something completely different - and exclusive - to those of us working our asses off trying to get people to give the game a try (it isnt an easy sell, but more because the people I know aren't looking for a new mmo right now).

Hell, it makes MORE sense to give us a different reward, simply because not all of us fly or want a cruiser.

(miss me?)
Lt. Commander
# 1142
05-13-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
Hey Devs... you have a thread with over 1100 posts and almost 29000 views... what's that tell you about peoples desire for the Galaxy-X?

I would like it too, but will never have it unless you offer alternative methods for acquiring the ship.
It says that about 20 people are bickering with each other endlessly because despite the decision being made public, the few people flooding this forum with their demands for no exclusive rewards are not letting up, and those of us who disagree aren't backing down either.

Less than 0.25% of the game population, at best, has voted on the poll. The views and posts here are generated by a fraction of a community comprising less than 10% of the game population.

Nothing to see here.
Lt. Commander
# 1143
05-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkoomi
Because its too late to back out now for both Cryptic and the Rudd government... they've dug themselves in too deep on their respective issues to back out, pride and reputation (Lol) withstanding.

Can you imagine if Cryptic gave in about the Galaxy now? They'd never hear the end of it, especially when making future decisions that the community disagreed with.
Unfortunately, their track record over at Champions shows they can be swayed. Fortunately, that was a sensible approach - the idea of a paid micro-expansion isn't a good one, and had no precedent (that I'm aware of)

The topic of exclusive and limited-edition rewards however is in fact well established across quite a few previous games, is a solid idea for marketing, and is in fact something that has been going on in sweepstakes and giveaways for nearly every product to be marketed in the modern era, likely before as well.

I doubt that many "free ___ to the first 500 callers" offers were drowned out publicly by cries of "no fair" from small pods of vocal malcontents.

Then again, most other kinds of giveaways would have their malcontents braying loudly in public settings, allowing the hypothetical majority to be able to tell them off with heartfelt disdain and uncensored expressions of disgust and loathing.

Here, however, the risk of moderation keeps the majority in check, while the minority clamors on unabated, and as a result, winds up with a false sense of justification based solely on the lack of impassioned rebuttal and ostracization.
Lt. Commander
# 1144
05-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
You know what... heres a great way to have a real laugh with this promotion.

Get 5 people to subscribe = Get Galaxy-X

Player only has the Galaxy-X as long as those 5 REMAIN active.

If they leave / become in-active - Galaxy-X Removed from player

Yeah... those folks that go and cheat to buy it for themselves will have to maintain 5 seperate accounts to keep the Galaxy-X in their inventory thus providing Cryptic a SUSTAINED income for development.

6x$20 a month, every month = $120

DO IT CRYPTIC !!!!
I agree with this. This is very unfair of you cyrptic
Lt. Commander
# 1145
05-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Orig_Jean_Luc_Picard
You know what... heres a great way to have a real laugh with this promotion.

Get 5 people to subscribe = Get Galaxy-X

Player only has the Galaxy-X as long as those 5 REMAIN active.

If they leave / become in-active - Galaxy-X Removed from player

Yeah... those folks that go and cheat to buy it for themselves will have to maintain 5 seperate accounts to keep the Galaxy-X in their inventory thus providing Cryptic a SUSTAINED income for development.

6x$20 a month, every month = $120

DO IT CRYPTIC !!!!

I agree with this. This is very unfair of you cyrptic
For gods sake cryptic don't listen to this it's hard enough to get 5 people to buy the game and then sub for 30 days anything more is ridiculous
Lt. Commander
# 1146
05-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojen
For gods sake cryptic don't listen to this it's hard enough to get 5 people to buy the game and then sub for 30 days anything more is ridiculous
Tell me about it. I've given out two so far. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 1147
05-19-2010, 12:01 AM
How is it "cheating" if someone goes to all the trouble of buying 5 games and paying for a month of sub time?

That's $225.00 that they would not have had.
Lt. Commander
# 1148
05-19-2010, 05:12 AM
Please! Never ever give the Galaxy-X away non-exclusive.

It has something to do with keeping rules, fairness and respect for the people who are actually able to refer 5 subscribers. Irrelevant how they do it: They deserve a great and exclusive reward for this effort, and the Galaxy-X is perfect.

It is a ship desired by many many players. I also desire a Bentley Arnage, and whenever I see one (which is really not often), I wish I could own it. But well... I know that it means hard work (for the money), luck and also being the right character at the right time at the right place.

Same for the Galaxy-X. For me, it is the Bentley of Star Trek Online. And giving it away in the C-Store or non-exclusive? JOKE? You would ruin a motivation! It is one of the highest motivations for beginners, and also for the veterans! Keep it an epiphany! People need that, even if they say the opposite! They just don't know.
Lt. Commander
# 1149
05-19-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm giving my keys out, even if I make the 5 referrals to get the Galaxy - refit, I'd still say make it available to the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 1150
05-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Two keys left...

Who wants to be the next Millionaire?

Closed Thread