Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1161
05-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSpeck View Post
Buying the game doesn't count AND it take's five? Wow that's pretty crappy on Cryptic's part.
Well, buying the game gets you the holo-tribble or whatever. But to get the ship and the holo-BOFF, your friends have to both buy they game AND subscribe for 30 days after the free 30 days the purchased game includes. So essentially your recruited friends have to stay in the game for 60 days, which, unfortunately, isn't going to be easy. I understand the point of dangling such a desirable item in this program, but I still think 5 is a stretch. No other MMO has, AFAIK, required so much just to get the recruiter reward. WoW is only 1. CO was 5, but didn't offer such a coveted item. Personally, I think, as I've said before in this thread, that the Cryptic points was all they really needed to offer, seen as that is essentially giving people money to recruit and saves the recruiters money to buy things in the C-store. Oh well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1162
05-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
it's got nothing to do with feeling special it has everything to do with people not willing to work for what they want

cryptic: here's a new ship refer 5 friends and you get it
whiners: i don't want to do that let me get another way
I have said this multiple times and people seem to be ignoring me. How many people are asking to be given the damn ship on a silver platter? At most only a handful. Most of us would like another way to EARN it in addition to having it as a dangling carrot to con...er, recruit 5 people to play for two months. Is it so hard to ask for a 500-600 day veteran reward? Hell, if it will shut everyone up, put the damn thing on the C-Store for a ridiculous amount of CP.

I say this for all of the "exclusives". And by "exclusive", I'm using Cryptic's definition: "Offer for a short period of time before we decide to offer it another way that will **** a lot of people off."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1163
05-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel118 View Post
Well, buying the game gets you the holo-tribble or whatever. But to get the ship and the holo-BOFF, your friends have to both buy they game AND subscribe for 30 days after the free 30 days the purchased game includes. So essentially your recruited friends have to stay in the game for 60 days, which, unfortunately, isn't going to be easy. I understand the point of dangling such a desirable item in this program, but I still think 5 is a stretch. No other MMO has, AFAIK, required so much just to get the recruiter reward. WoW is only 1. CO was 5, but didn't offer such a coveted item. Personally, I think, as I've said before in this thread, that the Cryptic points was all they really needed to offer, seen as that is essentially giving people money to recruit and saves the recruiters money to buy things in the C-store. Oh well.

Why would they have to stay for 60 days? If they are that cheesed off about the game they could just quit after they get charged for a months sub. I have offered to pay for that sub if my friends don't like the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1164
05-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
again terrible idea we can't control people to stay 3 months i'm guessing you won't be getting the ship because if you were you wouldn't suggest such a thing so this all goes back to i want it but i can't have it
Its a great idea.

CRYPTIC want SUSTAINED SUSCRIBERS.

More Subscribers = Cryptic can improve the game for EVERYONE and means more people in the game

They dont want a simple cash boost, they want SUBSCRIBERS that stay around, get it yet?

The people who would cheat the system by going out and shill the game out to people that are only going to stay a short time is NOT what this offer is trying to do. Infact, its counter-productive since it creates a bad impression of this game and its harder to encourage people to come back to an MMO once they have LEFT because they dont like it.

Thus, increase the bar for getting the reward = more money for Cryptic and we ALL benefit while making it much harder to CHEAT the system. If you had bothered to read my posts you would have figured out I dont want the Galaxy-X moron. I fly Escorts so what do I want with a cruiser ?

However, I can play that game too...

Cant get your friends to play beyond 1 month... or maybe your one of those that just went out and shilled / bought your way to a Galaxy-X ?

If your too lazy to put in the effort you dont get the reward.
If you wanted to see the game IMPROVE and help Cryptic earn money you wouldnt suggest keeping a system that people are going to cheat and thus provide Cryptic with no SUSTAINED income beyond your selfish desire to get your Galaxy-X.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1165
05-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
Its a great idea.

CRYPTIC want SUSTAINED SUSCRIBERS.

More Subscribers = Cryptic can improve the game for EVERYONE and means more people in the game

They dont want a simple cash boost, they want SUBSCRIBERS that stay around, get it yet?

The people who would cheat the system by going out and shill the game out to people that are only going to stay a short time is NOT what this offer is trying to do. Infact, its counter-productive since it creates a bad impression of this game and its harder to encourage people to come back to an MMO once they have LEFT because they dont like it.

Thus, increase the bar for getting the reward = more money for Cryptic and we ALL benefit while making it much harder to CHEAT the system. If you had bothered to read my posts you would have figured out I dont want the Galaxy-X moron. I fly Escorts so what do I want with a cruiser ?

However, I can play that game too...

Cant get your friends to play beyond 1 month... or maybe your one of those that just went out and shilled / bought your way to a Galaxy-X ?

If your too lazy to put in the effort you dont get the reward.
If you wanted to see the game IMPROVE and help Cryptic earn money you wouldnt suggest keeping a system that people are going to cheat and thus provide Cryptic with no SUSTAINED income beyond your selfish desire to get your Galaxy-X.
Your kind of missing the point:

This is the way Cryptic wants to do this so adapt and deal with it.

What kind of neurotic mess are they going to be if they have to micromanage everything according to forum whiners whims?

You will never see new content because everyone has an opinion what that should be.

Just leave them alone and get 5 subs or don't and leave the people who do alone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1166
05-20-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
Its a great idea.

CRYPTIC want SUSTAINED SUSCRIBERS.

More Subscribers = Cryptic can improve the game for EVERYONE and means more people in the game

They dont want a simple cash boost, they want SUBSCRIBERS that stay around, get it yet?

The people who would cheat the system by going out and shill the game out to people that are only going to stay a short time is NOT what this offer is trying to do. Infact, its counter-productive since it creates a bad impression of this game and its harder to encourage people to come back to an MMO once they have LEFT because they dont like it.

Thus, increase the bar for getting the reward = more money for Cryptic and we ALL benefit while making it much harder to CHEAT the system. If you had bothered to read my posts you would have figured out I dont want the Galaxy-X moron. I fly Escorts so what do I want with a cruiser ?

However, I can play that game too...

Cant get your friends to play beyond 1 month... or maybe your one of those that just went out and shilled / bought your way to a Galaxy-X ?

If your too lazy to put in the effort you dont get the reward.
If you wanted to see the game IMPROVE and help Cryptic earn money you wouldnt suggest keeping a system that people are going to cheat and thus provide Cryptic with no SUSTAINED income beyond your selfish desire to get your Galaxy-X.
you said it in your own post "if your to lazy to put in the effort you don't get the reward" so what are trying to accomplish or are you a hypocrite?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1167
05-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
Its a great idea.

CRYPTIC want SUSTAINED SUSCRIBERS.

More Subscribers = Cryptic can improve the game for EVERYONE and means more people in the game

They dont want a simple cash boost, they want SUBSCRIBERS that stay around, get it yet?

The people who would cheat the system by going out and shill the game out to people that are only going to stay a short time is NOT what this offer is trying to do. Infact, its counter-productive since it creates a bad impression of this game and its harder to encourage people to come back to an MMO once they have LEFT because they dont like it.

Thus, increase the bar for getting the reward = more money for Cryptic and we ALL benefit while making it much harder to CHEAT the system. If you had bothered to read my posts you would have figured out I dont want the Galaxy-X moron. I fly Escorts so what do I want with a cruiser ?

However, I can play that game too...

Cant get your friends to play beyond 1 month... or maybe your one of those that just went out and shilled / bought your way to a Galaxy-X ?

If your too lazy to put in the effort you dont get the reward.
If you wanted to see the game IMPROVE and help Cryptic earn money you wouldnt suggest keeping a system that people are going to cheat and thus provide Cryptic with no SUSTAINED income beyond your selfish desire to get your Galaxy-X.
This thread needs to be locked since we have now resorted to name calling
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1168
05-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I have said this multiple times and people seem to be ignoring me. How many people are asking to be given the damn ship on a silver platter? At most only a handful. Most of us would like another way to EARN it in addition to having it as a dangling carrot to con...er, recruit 5 people to play for two months. Is it so hard to ask for a 500-600 day veteran reward? Hell, if it will shut everyone up, put the damn thing on the C-Store for a ridiculous amount of CP.

I say this for all of the "exclusives". And by "exclusive", I'm using Cryptic's definition: "Offer for a short period of time before we decide to offer it another way that will **** a lot of people off."
if you reread my post i didnt say give it to free i said let me get it another way i agree with with your definition of exclusive by cryptic standards made me lol what would be aridiculous amount of cp? 225 dollars worth thats what cryptic gains now for every raf that gets 5
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1169
05-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Why would they have to stay for 60 days? If they are that cheesed off about the game they could just quit after they get charged for a months sub. I have offered to pay for that sub if my friends don't like the game.
I shouldn't have said they have to stay in game, they just have to buy 30 days after their free period from buying is up, and you don't get the reward until after they hit the 31st day and have subscribed for the second month. And if they didn't stay, it's a waste of money. And if you want to pay for it, good for you. Not everyone can afford to pay for their friends to play a game just so they get a special ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1170
05-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel118 View Post
I shouldn't have said they have to stay in game, they just have to buy 30 days after their free period from buying is up, and you don't get the reward until after they hit the 31st day and have subscribed for the second month. And if they didn't stay, it's a waste of money. And if you want to pay for it, good for you. Not everyone can afford to pay for their friends to play a game just so they get a special ship.
this is how it works now you don't get the bo or the ship till their first sub hits and since you get 30 days free wittht he game we shouldn't see the ship till early next month
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:55 PM.