Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 111
05-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryhausen
Wow. What do you think you would get if you were standing behind a retail counter and spoke to me like that?...
Is that before or after people started a riot in the store over a promotional sign?

If it was before - I could see your point - but once people are calling for the store to be burned, I say its fair game to call a riot a riot.

Expecially when most people wanted an alternate way to get a T5 Galaxy - and that has been in the plans the entire time - it just required a few minutes for us to find the thread and respond with the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan
...It's not gonna have a working phaser cannon on the underside of the saucer...
Actually, it does have the bad-ass phaser cannon on the underside of the saucer - it is a unique power that comes with the ship (ie not a weapon slot) and fires a narrow cylindor beam that (I believe) will be capable of hitting multiple targets.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 112
05-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Before any more pitchforks get handed out... let me offer up some info before you go burning down the village.

The 3-Nacelle Future Enterprise config will be an exclusive variant of a T5 Galaxy ship we are planning to add to the game as we increase the skillcap at various points in the future. In fact I see plans on the schedule to add T5 versions of the Galaxy, Intrepid, and Defiant class.

So yes - the Future Enterprise - 3 Nacelle config is an exclusive "variant" and may be the only T5 Galaxy for a while, but there will be ways to get similar ships in the future - they just might not have the 3rd Nacelle - or front mount single phaser cannon.

you may now go back to your regularly scheduled riot...
so is this a firm "NO" to the possibility of a real "refit" system then?

/sigh
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 113
05-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
Actually I got a chuckle out of it myself. I wanted to get in the game to see if I can find pitchforks to put on the Exchange.
Yeah, I suppose it was said in jest, but I am getting tired of the whole "thrown under the bus" mentality the staff has.

Now, on this particular non issue of more fluff, I couldn't care less about more fluff. I still have a borked up bridge pack to remind me of how little I, and the game, needs more fluff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 114
05-04-2010, 11:07 AM
The game needs seriously big fistfulls of content yet they take time to make these items and ones like the Table when they should be adding to the game , fixing the bucketload of bugs.
Take time out to help players who have told them they cant play at all because of a bug perhaps?

Even when they do make ship parts for us they charge us more , yes i kow we dont have to buy it but its time spent with our subs is it not?

Saying that i would buy these items from the c-store and have done so , but this is bewilldering , if i had 5 friends interested enough dont you think id have asked for them to join me? A couple have done and since left yet im here still.

Ive been here since headstart but to get the GX by buying or refering 5 more friends is plain daft when i should get it in the c-store , infact it sould be added free of charge! im asumeing they got it passed so they can add it , then add it now for free or c-store.

Game needs more to it and at end game , so dont charge us even more when were paying for very little returns , and useing our paid subs to make something to charge us once more for .

Ive tried to defend the game to my friends but cant defend it even more, if these silly little things continue to carry on , theres allready a divide cryptic made when they added the table so dont make more divides!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 115
05-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
I think SpikeTV is running Voyager some nights really late. I was up pretty late last night and the first episode was on. I didn't watch it as much as TNG or even DS9 for that matter before but can't remember when it "jumped the shark" for me but I know it was during the first season.
Yeah, I've always been a big fan of TNG (started watching it when I lived in England, and my grandparents would send tapes of shows from the US; I really didn't care about any of the shows on those tapes except for TNG), but I never got into DS9. A lot of people have told me it got better as it went on (as is the case of most (all?) Trek series; I just couldn't get into it, really), so I'm planning on going back and giving it another try.

As for Voyager, I have all seven seasons on DVD and have watched them many times. In fact, if/when the UGCE comes about, I plan on trying to recreate some of my favorite episodes (most of them are the bottle shows, so I'm hoping that by the time the engine is introduced, the interiors will be fully fleshed out).

Just to post something on the topic, I'm not really concerned about the AGT Enterprise myself. Reading through the thread, though, I see many are. I hope that there is some way other than the 5 RaF requirement to obtain it, because I'd hate for people not to be able to use it simply because they couldn't draft 5 other people into the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 116
05-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryhausen
Wow. What do you think you would get if you were standing behind a retail counter and spoke to me like that? Not my money, that's for sure.
Can't speak for him, but if I were in line behind you I'd give a loud belly laugh to make it incredibly obvious how absurd I think you're being.

This devolving of this thread is exactly why I don't blame cryptic for not listening to every "concern" of the "fan" base. There's something to be argued with "we should have an alternate way of earning this", even though they're a business and they don't really need to do anything they don't want to if they feel this way is more profitable, but the thread turning into a bunch of people screaming for making everything in the c-store free adds a lot to the argument that this has turned into a riot. If you're outside a store protesting bad business and people show up screaming about the failure of capitalism and fatcat pigs, you don't go "wuh oh, riot a'coming"?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 117
05-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Yeah, I've always been a big fan of TNG (started watching it when I lived in England, and my grandparents would send tapes of shows from the US; I really didn't care about any of the shows on those tapes except for TNG), but I never got into DS9. A lot of people have told me it got better as it went on (as is the case of most (all?) Trek series; I just couldn't get into it, really), so I'm planning on going back and giving it another try.

As for Voyager, I have all seven seasons on DVD and have watched them many times. In fact, if/when the UGCE comes about, I plan on trying to recreate some of my favorite episodes (most of them are the bottle shows, so I'm hoping that by the time the engine is introduced, the interiors will be fully fleshed out).

Just to post something on the topic, I'm not really concerned about the AGT Enterprise myself. Reading through the thread, though, I see many are. I hope that there is some way other than the 5 RaF requirement to obtain it, because I'd hate for people not to be able to use it simply because they couldn't draft 5 other people into the game.
Even though we are speaking a little OT, DS9 did get nice during the Dominion War. I had stopped watching it before it happened though. Then one night a local station was showing DS9 like 3 episodes in a row. And I caught it with the Dominion War. Only thing is the last episode they showed was Sisko leading a fleet of starships for a showdown. Got it with the "To be continued..." the next night and every night after for two weeks, they had nothing but infomercials on. I was fuming and gave up. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 118
05-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
So, everyone is taking "special ship" to mean that it will only ever be as a 5-friend referral reward?

I thought the language of the deal was intentionally more vague than that.

It could be an accolade unlock or future veteran reward and still be "special."

Less special? maybe.
Still special? yes.

That said, let's wait for dev feedback before sharpening our teeth.
Huh... that's a good point. Now that you mention it 'exclusive' has been used in the past, and I'm pretty sure Cryptic has been bitten enough times by this forum to be very careful as to what words they use in an announcement.

QX, time to wait for Cryptic feedback on this. =)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
i have invited all my trekkie friends already so now when this new stuff comes i haf to go and get 5 more ppl ?!?
well this is kinda hard since i already have my friends in the game is there a way to get credit for the ppl u already invited??
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Before any more pitchforks get handed out... let me offer up some info before you go burning down the village.

The 3-Nacelle Future Enterprise config will be an exclusive variant of a T5 Galaxy ship we are planning to add to the game as we increase the skillcap at various points in the future. In fact I see plans on the schedule to add T5 versions of the Galaxy, Intrepid, and Defiant class.

So yes - the Future Enterprise - 3 Nacelle config is an exclusive "variant" and may be the only T5 Galaxy for a while, but there will be ways to get similar ships in the future - they just might not have the 3rd Nacelle - or front mount single phaser cannon.

you may now go back to your regularly scheduled riot...
Adding fan favourite ship classes with T5 variants is a smart move, and I hope Cryptic develops a variety of methods to acquire the different ships. I thought the idea of ship schematics being brought to Memory Alpha was interesting. I would amend that concept to have Cryptic create a Utopia Planetia social site. Players bring their 'special' schematics (acquired through STF mission rewards, cryptic points, veteran reward, recruiting, etc.) to the shipyard, and their special 'modernized' classic design is built 'by special starfleet disponsation'. It should be unique process from the usual 'ship stores' as an added reward and incentive to high level/end game players.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:55 AM.