Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 131
05-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter41 View Post
Adding fan favourite ship classes with T5 variants is a smart move, and I hope Cryptic develops a variety of methods to acquire the different ships. I thought the idea of ship schematics being brought to Memory Alpha was interesting. I would amend that concept to have Cryptic create a Utopia Planetia social site. Players bring their 'special' schematics (acquired through STF mission rewards, cryptic points, veteran reward, recruiting, etc.) to the shipyard, and their special 'modernized' classic design is built 'by special starfleet disponsation'. It should be unique process from the usual 'ship stores' as an added reward and incentive to high level/end game players.
It's a good idea because the developers have been saying they've got the Solar System mapped out but just need reasons for people to go to the various planets...
Lt. Commander
# 132
05-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryhausen
Wow. What do you think you would get if you were standing behind a retail counter and spoke to me like that? Not my money, that's for sure.

Why do you feel this is different?
Not anyone else's fault you have no sense of humor. I worked both retail and customer service, and you wouldn't believe the comments we made soemtimes when customers were being particularly obnoxious and/or demanding...and yet, they would pay us, and come back tfor more.

You think twhat dstahl said was bad, go to some of the more "fashionista" coffe shops sometimes and talk to some of the barristas - they mean it in fun, and dstahl does too.

In other words, don't get your panties in a bunch - just because YOU have no sense of humor, doesn't mean that others don't either.
Lt. Commander
# 133
05-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Before any more pitchforks get handed out... let me offer up some info before you go burning down the village.

The 3-Nacelle Future Enterprise config will be an exclusive variant of a T5 Galaxy ship we are planning to add to the game as we increase the skillcap at various points in the future. In fact I see plans on the schedule to add T5 versions of the Galaxy, Intrepid, and Defiant class.

So yes - the Future Enterprise - 3 Nacelle config is an exclusive "variant" and may be the only T5 Galaxy for a while, but there will be ways to get similar ships in the future - they just might not have the 3rd Nacelle - or front mount single phaser cannon.

you may now go back to your regularly scheduled riot...
QX, thanks for the information.

This miiiight be the sort of thing you want to let people know when tidbits like a three-nacelle T5 Galaxy get announced. =)
Lt. Commander
# 134
05-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
The game needs seriously big fistfulls of content yet they take time to make these items and ones like the Table when they should be adding to the game , fixing the bucketload of bugs.
Take time out to help players who have told them they cant play at all because of a bug perhaps?

Even when they do make ship parts for us they charge us more , yes i kow we dont have to buy it but its time spent with our subs is it not?

Saying that i would buy these items from the c-store and have done so , but this is bewilldering , if i had 5 friends interested enough dont you think id have asked for them to join me? A couple have done and since left yet im here still.

Ive been here since headstart but to get the GX by buying or refering 5 more friends is plain daft when i should get it in the c-store , infact it sould be added free of charge! im asumeing they got it passed so they can add it , then add it now for free or c-store.

Game needs more to it and at end game , so dont charge us even more when were paying for very little returns , and useing our paid subs to make something to charge us once more for .

Ive tried to defend the game to my friends but cant defend it even more, if these silly little things continue to carry on , theres allready a divide cryptic made when they added the table so dont make more divides!
I couldn't let this go - I'm surprised no one else has stated this..

The people working on these items ARE NOT the same people responsible for fixing bugs.

A modeler for ships, planets, etc, may not be the best person to debug actual game code. Someone working in the sound effects department would likely not be the best choice to tweak game balance.

It would be a waste of resources to have the content teams, including those working on items like this, idle while bugs are fixed. Well I know this game needs many bugs fixed, but the guys who make cool stuff for us need to keep busy, too.
Lt. Commander
# 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan View Post
Not anyone else's fault you have no sense of humor. I worked both retail and customer service, and you wouldn't believe the comments we made soemtimes when customers were being particularly obnoxious and/or demanding...and yet, they would pay us, and come back tfor more.

You think twhat dstahl said was bad, go to some of the more "fashionista" coffe shops sometimes and talk to some of the barristas - they mean it in fun, and dstahl does too.
I was just about to share my story as a starbucks barista. Sometimes you have to draw the line with customers. Dstahl is a human being too you know.

Believe me, I keep my pitch fork and torch right by my computer. I do see where he is coming from though.
Lt. Commander
# 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
I am still pitching my forks and building my fires until I hear something along the lines of T5 Connie (Movie and/or TOS) !!

And I don't mean "Connie, the secretary on the 122nd floor of Cryptic Studios" :p because, chanting "Constitution-Class" is Five syllables and five syllables don't make very good crowd chants!
But it's FIVE syllables. Cryptic loves the number FIVE.
Lt. Commander
# 137
05-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Actually, it does have the bad-ass phaser cannon on the underside of the saucer - it is a unique power that comes with the ship (ie not a weapon slot) and fires a narrow cylindor beam that (I believe) will be capable of hitting multiple targets.
Charming, can I have a T5 Defiant that cloaks now ?

Or will that be the:

Refer 5 friends that get Lifetime subscriptions ?

All I can say is I find this UTTERLY appaling. Cryptic would NEVER introduce items that might give people an advantage over those that cant or wont PAY for them. You know, they might think their MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION means it actually lets them play the FULL aspects of the game.

Oh no... instead Cryptic is encouraging a pyramid scheme err referal system.

Get 5 folks for us and we give you a custom ship with a super cannon. t

Heh, where was that for my Liberated Borg eh ?

I should have 5 traits rather than 4 right ?

... Unless of course you wish to tell me that ALL of these supposed new ships are going to come with one new ability that is equal to mr. Galaxy-X super cannon.... RIGHT ?
Lt. Commander
# 138 mulit-mapped solar systems
05-04-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm looking forward to star systems having several maps to visit. It may still be a way off, but it's another area where this game has massive potential to grow. Especially if certain maps are only unlockable with certain missions at higher levels. I'd like to go to Vulcan, Andor, or Starfleet Headquarters and do high level missions (something like the 1st season TNG finale). This combined with classic T5 ships would keep me using my high level character.
Lt. Commander
# 139
05-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
I think ALL of the C-store items should be available via gameplay methods. The C-store or referral methods would just allow people to use RL means to get them if they somehow cant get in via the gameplay method.

So far Cryptic are just content to fleece their playerbase of every single bit of money they can get by using carrots the playerbase actually requested.

Want a Ferengi - C-Store - 80 Points
Want a Klingon - C-Store - 240 Points
Want a Pakled - C-Store - 160 Points
Want a Tellarite - C-Store - 200 Points
Want a new emote - C-Store- 120 Points
Want 2 more character slots - C-Store - 500 Points
Want a new ship skin - C-Store - 160 - 240 x 6 for each Federation T5 at least
Want a new bridge pack - C-Store - 80 - 240 Points x 6 for each Federation T5 at least

Amount of Points to get EVERY item excluding, rename, respec.

Approx, 4000 Points
Cryptic Points cost = $62.50 - 5000 Points

Cryptic has near enough $60 worth of trivial garabge on their C-Store and they intend to keep shoveling more out while the game suffers from a general lack of content and gameplay problems.

Good to see where Cryptic's focus lies eh ?

Oh but whats coming next...

Want a Caiten - C-Store
Want more bridges - C-Store
Want more emotes - C-Store
Want Pre-order items - C-Store
Want a Romulan - C-Store
Want a Hirogon - C-Store
Want Borg - C-Store
Want a Federation Cloaking Device - C-Store
Want Anything - C-Store.
Want more content - Get it at the C-Store.

If they are that desperate for money then up the monthly subscription and have these items free or earnable via the game. When I say via the game I do not mean stupid 500 days later.
I mean, I complete STF X or complete Accolade = I get ship skin, etc.

Its sickening that on top of the monthly subscription players are going to be getting shafted via the C-Store for stuff that is broken down into the most stupidly trivial additions.
I've only spent the points that came with the keys on my account and the survey and still have some left.

If folks want everything in the store let em go for it, but I've only gone for the cruiser bridge pack and the Imperial so far, and plan on the Nomad.

Just because they put something in the c store doesn't mean I MUST buy it, it is just an option.
Lt. Commander
# 140
05-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan
In other words, don't get your panties in a bunch - just because YOU have no sense of humor, doesn't mean that others don't either.
My sense of humor is just fine thanks. It's my patience that is wearing thin.

And I understand how to talk down to someone and phrase it as jest. I don't have to take it though.
Closed Thread