Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 151
05-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter41 View Post
Adding fan favourite ship classes with T5 variants is a smart move, and I hope Cryptic develops a variety of methods to acquire the different ships. I thought the idea of ship schematics being brought to Memory Alpha was interesting. I would amend that concept to have Cryptic create a Utopia Planetia social site. Players bring their 'special' schematics (acquired through STF mission rewards, cryptic points, veteran reward, recruiting, etc.) to the shipyard, and their special 'modernized' classic design is built 'by special starfleet disponsation'. It should be unique process from the usual 'ship stores' as an added reward and incentive to high level/end game players.
Dstahl has stated at least once that there will be a utopia planetia map for klingon episodes so who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
as a matter of fact - we just had the kick-off for the 3rd Klingon specific episode today - and part of the mission required you to launch a sneak attack on the Utopia Plentia shipyards above Mars.

So yes - Klingon specific episodes starting in Season 2 will introduce a Klingon Faction specific story arc to the game.
Keep up the good work dstahl
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 152
05-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
exactly this.

The entire team is expected to constantly deliver based on their discipline. Everyone has individual schedules of what they should be working on next. In the case of the 3rd Nacelle config for the galaxy - that was done by the lead ship model artist (with a little of his own extra time) in addition to all the cool new ships he is working on for the new sectors coming to the game.
That's all fine and dandy - and I could see this if the AGT Enterprise was just fluff, a skin. Since it's NOT with that multiple-target phaser cannon (overpower things much if it also has the same slots that a T5 cruiser has?) , the fact that you have to be a viral marketer in order to get it is a real turnoff. As a customer that pre-ordered this game, it's a bit disapplonting that I also have to act as a memeber of Atari's marketing team (volunteer, yet!) to get that ship, with it's unique power.

No thanks - I'll see ya later, perhaps when your marketers at Atari get the clue your marketers over at your other MMO did - and quit pulling stunts like this.

It's not the ship - again, if it was just a T5 skin that'd be one thing, and appropriate - but adding unique potentially OP's powers (depending onthe strwength of the power) is quite another. That's actually a game-altering one. unlike the Automated Defense Turret that basically won't scratch a frigate.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 153
05-04-2010, 01:08 PM
I welcome the news that we're getting T5 Galaxy, Intrepid and Defiant class ships. That will make me and a friend of mine happy.

However, I do need to add this about the referral Future Enterprise.

I've resigned myself to never getting one. I simply don't know anyone else who isn't either already playing the game or has no interest. I had one friend who I was trying to get to play it, but I don't even know if he would've qualified because he already has a Cryptic account, and I was going to get him to play using one of my guest passes from my Collector's Edition. Unfortunately, when I told him about the particulars of the Referral program, he chose not to try the game at all, stating he can't support a company that does things like make items that will likely be impossible to get by some of the playerbase. He's kinda picky about his MMOs anyway, but the case still needs to be mentioned - you have _lost_ a potential sale because of the fact that these items are gated behind being able to convince multiple people to sign up.

Other MMOs have done this as well, as I understand, so I know it's not unprecedented. FF11 for instance, I am told, did exclusive items for referrals. But most of the MMOs I've played who have done referral programs, have made it things like game time discounts or something, things that are still rewarding but don't create have/have-not cases in the playerbase. The Cryptic Points part is great. I think that's a good tangible reward that doesn't create have/have-nots; Anyone can get Cryptic Points. Every time I see a Future Enterprise in the game, I will be reminded that I don't have enough friends who are interested in STO to get myself one.

I'm not going to ask the devs to NOT do it. It _is_ a compelling reward. But, I feel it needs to be made available some other way, too. Maybe design an STF where at some point we encounter the universe where the Future Enterprise-style ships came from, and successful completion of the STF grants you access to one. Or make it a vet reward, say at 500 or 600 days or something. Just please make it attainable somehow by everyone, eventually.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 154
05-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
But why is he working on the 3rd nacelle version when the base/original version still hasen't been fixed yet...
The 3rd nacelle variant was done in conjunction with working on fixing up the Galaxy - and if you check out the Galaxy on Tribble - you'll notice it has been updated.

Multi-task!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 155
05-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan View Post
That's all fine and dandy - and I could see this if the AGT Enterprise was just fluff, a skin. Since it's NOT with that multiple-target phaser cannon (overpower things much if it also has the same slots that a T5 cruiser has?) , the fact that you have to be a viral marketer in order to get it is a real turnoff. As a customer that pre-ordered this game, it's a bit disapplonting that I also have to act as a memeber of Atari's marketing team (volunteer, yet!) to get that ship, with it's unique power.

No thanks - I'll see ya later, perhaps when your marketers at Atari get the clue your marketers over at your other MMO did - and quit pulling stunts like this.

It's not the ship - again, if it was just a T5 skin that'd be one thing, and appropriate - but adding unique potentially OP's powers (depending onthe strwength of the power) is quite another. That's actually a game-altering one. unlike the Automated Defense Turret that basically won't scratch a frigate.
Why assume that this is an unbalanced design? All that's been said is that it's a working cannon. He didn't say how well it worked. What's more, dstahl also said that it will be available through other means as well, so you'll probably have your chance to get one eventually.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 156
05-04-2010, 01:18 PM
First off, I'd like to apologize to dstahl if this has become a riot. That was not my intention, I didn't want this to become a full blown riot like the salegate fiasco was. Riots are bad for the game, as they get people quiting, and all I care about is improving the game. This was intended to be a petition, and if you guys can't keep the posts civil, please leave the thread.

Now, let me gets this straight. The AGT Galaxy will have a unique power? What happened to the previous statement about exclusives not having lasting affects on gameplay. You said this back when people were worried about the effects preorder exclusives would have. At least those were low tier items that weren't useful at the higher levels, this is an end-game ship, where players spend most of their time. How is this power supposed to balance in PvP without becoming unfair? This was bad enough when an elite group of players were getting an aesthetic skin. Now they're getting unique powers?

Also, the statement about T5 versions of the Tier 4 ships is both exciting and disheartining. Though I'm happy to see lower tier ships made available at higher tiers, I had hoped for a full blown refit system, instead of just one tier getting bumped up.

Thanks for the quick response dstahl, and thinks for shedding some light on this mystery.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 157
05-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The 3rd nacelle variant was done in conjunction with working on fixing up the Galaxy - and if you check out the Galaxy on Tribble - you'll notice it has been updated.

Multi-task!
Nice!
Could still do with some more work though... but its definatley a leap in the right direction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 158
05-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidheadJax
Now there's gimmicks like this and this with completely unique actual game effects!?
Gawd, why? I honestly don't understand this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl
The entire team is expected to constantly deliver based on their discipline. Everyone has individual schedules of what they should be working on next. In the case of the 3rd Nacelle config for the galaxy - that was done by the lead ship model artist (with a little of his own extra time) in addition to all the cool new ships he is working on for the new sectors coming to the game
So, basically, you are saying you have plenty of staff to make fluff, but not near enough staff to fix bugs and create content. You have been saying that for a long time now. We, I think, are still asking, why hasn't this changed?

It seems to me a plan was put in place a long time ago and because of player demands, much has been heaped onto the original plan without much in additional staff. You obviously have plenty of character artists as you assumed that is all that was needed after launch to keep people happy for awhile. A new uniform or hairstyle. But, things changed rapidly and what is really needed, new content, can't be made fast enough or debugged well enough.

I feel for you man, honestly.
But, I can't support what Cryptic is doing in regard to priorities. I honestly think that if they don't put some more folks on staff to hammer out content faster and to debug better, all the ship "costumes" in the world aren't going to matter.

Hell, what about offering no pay internships to upcoming programers and level designers?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 159
05-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Constructive Comment

Dstahl please could you forward the comment to the team that lots of players myself included would like to see the special edition galaxy class added for all to Tier 5- Be it a reward, or a C-Store. I am not too fussed but it would be a huge bonus for myself and many others.


If it came before the middle/end of may it would also probably be enough to make me resub for a month just to pvp in the badboy. I loved my Galaxy and the soverign felt like a lump of lead after.


Thank you
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 160
05-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
exactly this.

The entire team is expected to constantly deliver based on their discipline. Everyone has individual schedules of what they should be working on next. In the case of the 3rd Nacelle config for the galaxy - that was done by the lead ship model artist (with a little of his own extra time) in addition to all the cool new ships he is working on for the new sectors coming to the game.
So the new sectors have new ships, huh? Is this confirmation that when the level cap opens up, it's going to be a Breen dominated area...?

Because we have the Breen mentioned and no other enemies would necessarily require new ships tied to the new sectors.

That would make it look like the Kobheerian sector block "north" of Zeta Andromeda is the RA 5-10 leveling area.

And that might make peculiar sense.

Kobheerians were UFP members (and a Ferenginoid species) who remained neutral in the Dominion war. They mysteriously turned up at the Tsunkatse match in the Delta Quadrant where Seven of Nine took on the Pendari Champion (played by The Rock).

And in turn, the Iconian Gateway we saw on DS9 ("To the Death" - The First Appearance of Weyoun)led to Dozaria, a Breen Planet in that sector block.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 PM.