Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 171
05-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Seriously?

This is just out of hand.

What the heck is the point of REWARDING someone for something if everyone too lazy or unwilling to take a risk gets it too?
Lt. Commander
# 172
05-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
It really doesn't matter what they do, some small percentage of the user base will be unhappy with it. This includes doing nothing.

Some people, if you give them free sex, will complain she's not blonde.
True enough - SOMEBODY will always be unhappy - that's actually a product of a healthy fanbase. it's when everyone seems happy and the Forums go quiet - that's when the death knell is sounding.

Oh, and in my case - I'd complain if she wasn't a redhead
Lt. Commander
# 173
05-04-2010, 12:38 PM
As far as I know, most of the races can be recreated in the Alien Species creator - those points are most mostly for traits.
Lt. Commander
# 174
05-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Some people, if you give them free sex, will complain she's not blonde.
Or that she's female.
Lt. Commander
# 175
05-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
Or that she's female.
Picky, picky.
Lt. Commander
# 176
05-04-2010, 12:42 PM
if we ask i'm sure they'll make it the 401 days reward....
Lt. Commander
# 177
05-04-2010, 12:42 PM
You know I'm thrilled that ship is in the game, as for how I have to get it, I've already tried to get my friends to play STO and nobody is interested. Okay so now what, c-store? Bluh shell out more money, even if I weren't a lifer I would have a problem with that because I'd be paying per month. I really really want to stay with this game but I'm being given more and more reasons to turn my back when things we all obviously want are either sold at an extra cost or made difficult to attain. That ship could have been a big reward from end-game content or whatever. Anyway, I'm boarder-lining on flaming here and need to stop. Could you guys please stop with the gimmicks and just put this stuff in the game so we can enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 178
05-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoh
Seriously?

This is just out of hand.

What the heck is the point of REWARDING someone for something if everyone too lazy or unwilling to take a risk gets it too?
I think it has to do with the whole thing being unfair, as not everyone has the possibility to earn these goodies.
In some countries participating in these kind of "referral" thingies is illegal, thus players in those countries stand no chance whatsoever to get anything.
Lt. Commander
# 179
05-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Before any more pitchforks get handed out... let me offer up some info before you go burning down the village.

The 3-Nacelle Future Enterprise config will be an exclusive variant of a T5 Galaxy ship we are planning to add to the game as we increase the skillcap at various points in the future. In fact I see plans on the schedule to add T5 versions of the Galaxy, Intrepid, and Defiant class.

So yes - the Future Enterprise - 3 Nacelle config is an exclusive "variant" and may be the only T5 Galaxy for a while, but there will be ways to get similar ships in the future - they just might not have the 3rd Nacelle - or front mount single phaser cannon.

you may now go back to your regularly scheduled riot...
you still don't get it. you are *WASTING* and *SQUANDERING* oppurtunities to make the game BETTER by offering UNIQUE things for players for in-game achievements, for making a quick buck.

are you so BLIND that you can not see this?
Lt. Commander
# 180
05-04-2010, 12:48 PM
My wife thinks im a big nerd for playing STO so theeres now way i can get 5 other people to play.

Heck im a big nerd, do I know 5 other people.

This recruit a freind is an unachievable goal from a community stereotyped by the media as living in mums basement with spots and cosplay. That and 5 people to play ?? Insane.
Closed Thread