Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 401
05-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Adding functionality to ships dosent count for anything if only an extreme minority is going to be the ones to attain them via this INSANE criteria.

I will be directly telling everyone peopl to STAY AWAY from STO if this continues because I sure as hell will not recommend a game when Cryptic is pulling these kinds of stunts AND fleecing their EXISTING customers while doing it.

THEY cant market this game without resorting to a pyrimid scheme which is yet another addition to a long list of Cryptic PR blunders. Rather than try and make this game reasonable enough so it can stand on its own merits they have to enlist the aid of their customers by turning them into Viral marketers for the carrot so ungraciously dangled out of reach.

Cryptic's new policy: You want the cool stuff you have to work and make us money.

What, you actually thought we were going to make a decent game over a barren shell that we can shovel fluff out the door to the poor suckers willing to pay for it ?
Lt. Commander
# 402
05-05-2010, 05:32 PM
dstahl doesn't appear to be listening to our objections, perhaps because policy doesn't allow him to answer the absurdity of this referral system (some policy eh?)

I suppose all we can do is continue to object and hope someone gets it.
Lt. Commander
# 403
05-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I've also heard rumor that it may have a non-battle cloak - which means that it might be able to cloak - but only out of combat.
*twitch*

*twitch*

So, when can we expect to see items and BO powers in the C-Store? Season 2? End of May?
Lt. Commander
# 404
05-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
The Galaxy X was a specific ship created specifically for the Referral program.
And Memory Alpha was originally created the way it was, and the game was originally created with out a DP or end game content, and Klingons were launched without PvE. Yet, in response to player feedbac, you guys have made the changes the community wanted. So the question is, will you listen again?
Lt. Commander
# 405
05-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
I've also heard rumor that it may have a non-battle cloak - which means that it might be able to cloak - but only out of combat.
Data: "Ohhhhh *****

Cue uproar in...

Lt. Commander
# 406
05-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Didn't catch this before.

Quote:
Hoo boy... just... yeah.

Quote:
Management is aware of this thread ...
Then they better be aware we will not stand for this kind of marginalization.
Lt. Commander
# 407
05-05-2010, 05:40 PM
cloak? on a federation ship that is only obtainable though referalls? sigh
Lt. Commander
# 408 =)
05-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:

also...

Management is aware of this thread ...
I'm glad they are dstahl! I would love to get the galaxy X, but I can't, because as a classical musician I don't really have any friends that play MMO's or even video games for that matter! I'd be more than happy to shell out 2,000 CP for this ship!

I am not at all whining, and I hope this becomes a viable option along with the other items awarded for the referral program! I'd be more than happy to buy all of them from the C-store!
Lt. Commander
# 409
05-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
The Galaxy X was a specific ship created specifically for the Referral program.

Really? That isn't really cool, seeing alot of people asked for this ship.

How about making one of those new ships you are working on, a RAF item and put the AGT Galaxy in the C-Store?
Lt. Commander
# 410
05-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_H
I'm glad they are dstahl! I would love to get the galaxy X, but I can't, because as a classical musician I don't really have any friends that play MMO's or even video games for that matter! I'd be more than happy to shell out 2,000 CP for this ship!

I am not at all whining, and I hope this becomes a viable option along with the other items awarded for the referral program! I'd be more than happy to buy all of them from the C-store!
Keep in mind "management is aware" could just mean "they're pointing and laughing at us".
Closed Thread