Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 471
05-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
The Galaxy X should not be part of the referral program in my opinion.

As far as it having a cloak, no biggy. Not game changing. Now, give all the Feds a cloak and then I will have an issue.
*rotates head to 90 degrees and gets stuck*

Fed ship... innate cloak... not... game... what?
Lt. Commander
# 472
05-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
I'm not directing my anger at anyone but Cryptic.
I state the facts as I see them. My tone merely shows frustration with Cryptic's bizarre policies.

I wonder if it'll get worse than this.
Then I remember.. they will find a way.
Every time you think that Cryptic's marketing department has finally gone one outrage too far, inflamed the message boards, the press, and the player base, and might have learned to JUST SHUT UP... They come up with yet another atrocity that tops the last one.

Unreal.
Lt. Commander
# 473
05-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
But not unexpected considering that one of Smed's minions is the CEO of Cryptic.
Oh dear. Is this true? Geez, no wonder! LOL. Things are falling into perspective now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
At which point they will have already gotten your money paid for up front for two years. Just like me. Which leaves two options. Leave, and know that it's a lifetime sub's worth of cash going down the toilet with that decision, or stay and try to make the best of it.
Yep. Or (in my case at least) be more wary of Cryptic games in the future on how they do business. I'm not saying don't buy their games, just know what you're potentially getting into as far as common practices.
Lt. Commander
# 474
05-05-2010, 07:33 PM
I'll certainly take my next Cryptic game with a large Siberian salt mine.
Lt. Commander
# 475
05-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenVoodoo View Post
Oh dear. Is this true? Geez, no wonder! LOL. Things are falling into perspective now.
Yes, Cryptic's CEO worked for years at SOE as Smed's Senior VP of business development.

http://mmofringe.com/index.php?optio...1712&Itemid=55

We uncovered this at the Fringe.
Lt. Commander
# 476
05-05-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm a huge fan of STO, but even I have to say that Cryptic's marketing department can pull off blunders quicker than we can say WTF!!! (Wait til Friday, of course).

Honestly Cryptic, maybe your marketing department can actually do THEIR JOBS! instead of forcing us to do it for them, just to get a new ship. I could not even think of 5 people who are not already in STO, that would consider playing it.

Sometimes you guys really make it hard to defend you and your game, especially with bonehead moves like this......Epic Fail
Lt. Commander
# 477
05-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
Every time you think that Cryptic's marketing department has finally gone one outrage too far, inflamed the message boards, the press, and the player base, and might have learned to JUST SHUT UP... They come up with yet another atrocity that tops the last one.

Unreal.
Actually, it's worse. I think I just figured out the plan. I think they never intended to actually keep the Galaxy-X in the referral package.

See all the people crying for it to appear in the C-Store? I'm sure they'll happily oblige. Remember what was sworn up one side and down the other before launch? That nothing that had actual in-game effects would be sold in the C-store and not available in game? Now they can say they changed that by popular demand.

Tinfoil hat time? Maybe. But it still makes me feel ill.
Lt. Commander
# 478
05-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
I'll certainly take my next Cryptic game with a large Siberian salt mine.
After my experience with STO, my reaction to anyone in the future selling me a "lifetime" subscription will be similar to what it would be if instead they were trying to sell me the Brooklyn Bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 479
05-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Actually, it's worse. I think I just figured out the plan. I think they never intended to actually keep the Galaxy-X in the referral package.

See all the people crying for it to appear in the C-Store? I'm sure they'll happily oblige. Remember what was sworn up one side and down the other before launch? That nothing that had actual in-game effects would be sold in the C-store and not available in game? Now they can say they changed that by popular demand.

Tinfoil hat time? Maybe. But it still makes me feel ill.
Such an overpowered ship shouldn't exist AT ALL in game. Not in the C-Store, not for doing marketing's job for them, not no way, not no how. It isn't right any way they introduce it. We aren't talking about a simple ship skin here, we are talking about an ALPHA CLASS SHIP.

Not unless everyone can get it for, uh, playing the GAME we are paying for.

Cryptic has introduced Pre-NGE Jedi to STO. Except that instead of a crazy grind to get there, you only have to spend a crazy amount of money.

It will cost you more to buy this ship than to buy a LTS.
Lt. Commander
# 480
05-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Question:

In my collector's edition, I gave three codes to family members and friends to get them to try STO. They used the code, bought the game, and are now paying for subscriptions...

Can the referrals be back dated based on this?
Closed Thread