Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 491
05-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
You know, the ship was in one episode out of 28 seasons and 11 movies spanning 43 years, and only appeared for a couple of minutes in that episode. It's not exactly an iconic ship.
The ship skin is irrelevant.

If it were ONLY a ship skin, we could let this pass.

They are giving it cloak AND a special weapon. It will be more powerful than any other ship in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 492
05-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
Yes, Cryptic's CEO worked for years at SOE as Smed's Senior VP of business development.

http://mmofringe.com/index.php?optio...1712&Itemid=55

We uncovered this at the Fringe.
Wait... what? Really? ... Egad!

Okay. Going back on topic VERY quickly here before this gets locked. Bootlegger's reverse, Mr. Sulu!
Lt. Commander
# 493
05-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Season Two should have been the state of the game at LAUNCH.

The fact that they are getting ever more shrill and offensive in their marketing promotions (especially this debacle) is an indicator of their desperation.
You know what? I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, we don't have a time machine to go back and fix this...yet. So, Season Two is the make-or-break time for many people...assuming this fiasco isn't the straw the breaks the camel's back first. Things don't look good for the game. I'm trying to minimize the casualties. Too bad I'm just one insignificant peon that probably doesn't have much of a voice due to the blue name.
Lt. Commander
# 494
05-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink

Okay. Going back on topic VERY quickly here before this gets locked. Bootlegger's reverse, Mr. Sulu!
It explains all these marketing "blunders" does it not?

Hell, SOE was putting out press releases a week after the NGE saying that it was an "outstanding success".

Today there are more people waiting in login queues in WOW than SOE has subscribers across all games they have.
Lt. Commander
# 495
05-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
You know what? I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, we don't have a time machine to go back and fix this...yet. So, Season Two is the make-or-break time for many people...assuming this fiasco isn't the straw the breaks the camel's back first. Things don't look good for the game. I'm trying to minimize the casualties. Too bad I'm just one insignificant peon that probably doesn't have much of a voice due to the blue name.
I just wish Cryptic would grow a conscious.

Not bloody likely, but the only alternative is the same fate SWG suffered. Just a lot faster.
Lt. Commander
# 496
Quote:
Clearly, the marketing department at Cryptic is insane.
I wouldn't say insane but they don't take all the variables into account.

They saw "an opportunity" (damn Ferengi ) to capitalize on a well known fan favorite... "All Good Things". They want to offer a reward so appealing that we'll go out and hit the streets to sign people up for STO. That's all well and good and on paper it might look attractive to their business.

But they did not consider that:
  1. Some customers have already gotten all their friends in with buddy keys.
  2. Some customers will not have a network of friends who like ST.
  3. Some customers will not have the social skills to get 5 people to subscribe.
These groups of STO customers are left out in the cold. I don't want to derail their marketing program but some consideration should be made to folks who simply cannot meet the requirements.
Lt. Commander
# 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink

My thoughts exactly, lol!

"All hands abandon ship! MY GOD, ABANDON SHIP!!!!"
Lt. Commander
# 498
05-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Just want to chime in that I don't agree with this Galaxy-X being limited to a referal program bonus. I guess the balance comes from how rare they will be. I must of missed it, but do the Klingons get a new unlockable skin?
Lt. Commander
# 499
05-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
They are giving it cloak AND a special weapon. It will be more powerful than any other ship in the game.
Than any ship CURRENTLY in the game. You think. Based on some assumptions. You don't know what that weapon's DPS will be like. You don't know what other tradeoffs the ship will have. You don't know what other ships will be introduced at the same time.

Doesn't stop you from proclaiming the End of the World, though.
Lt. Commander
# 500
05-05-2010, 08:07 PM
NOW IT HAS CLOAK AND A WEAPON??!!!!

If i wasnt already ****ed off i sure am now
Closed Thread