Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 511
05-05-2010, 08:25 PM
The only thing that should be needed to sell this game is the game itself.

Cheap gimmicks and inducements are a waste of time and money. What we need is Season 2, done right. ASAP.

The current game will not retain subs. Once you reach RA5, you only get new content once a month.
Lt. Commander
# 512
05-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
Cheap gimmicks and inducements are a waste of time and money. What we need is Season 2, done right. ASAP.
That's exactly what the Devs are working on right now.
Lt. Commander
# 513
05-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
They already stated that for a time this will be the only ship of it's kind in game.
Oh, well, if it's the only ship of its kind, that's proof it's going to be way better in every way than every other ship in the game, OBVIOUSLY.

The Runabout is the only ship of its kind in the game, too. It's even got a unique weapon...
Lt. Commander
# 514
Quote:
The only thing that should be needed to sell this game is the game itself.

The current game will not retain subs. Once you reach RA5, you only get new content once a month.
I don't think anybody is arguing that, but from a business standpoint they do need this program. Having a recruit-a-friend program makes perfect business sense, it's how they are going about implementing this program that's borked.
Lt. Commander
# 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
That's exactly what the Devs are working on right now.
They need to redouble their efforts.

Seriously, if I were a STO Dev, I'd not be leaving the building. I'd be sleeping in my office. If I were on the marketing team, I'd be trying to find forgiveness with God.

If they don't, well, their jobs are in the same jeopardy the game is in.
Lt. Commander
# 516
05-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Oh, well, if it's the only ship of its kind, that's proof it's going to be way better in every way than every other ship in the game, OBVIOUSLY.

The Runabout is the only ship of its kind in the game, too. It's even got a unique weapon...
The runabout doesn't cloak, have a superweapon, and all the other slots and abilities of a T5 cruiser.

No one would want the Galaxy X otherwise. Frankly, I hate the Galaxy. Ugliest Enterprise ever. Nothing like the beautiful and graceful Constitution. Notice the Sovereign tried to copy the Constitution Refit in many ways...
Lt. Commander
# 517
05-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
No one would want the Galaxy X otherwise.
Remember this every time you are tempted to complain that it's an exclusive. Or, you know, post in such a thread.
Lt. Commander
# 518
05-05-2010, 08:42 PM
perhaps another way to unlock it would be sort of how most games have an epic quest for each class.perhaps they can put together a long multi-tiered mission sort of like a few "to be continued" missions back to back for the end game and as a reward for the last part, you get a chance to buy the galaxy x class ship from a shipyard.
Lt. Commander
# 519
05-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Quote:
The runabout doesn't cloak, have a superweapon, and all the other slots and abilities of a T5 cruiser.

No one would want the Galaxy X otherwise. Frankly, I hate the Galaxy. Ugliest Enterprise ever. Nothing like the beautiful and graceful Constitution. Notice the Sovereign tried to copy the Constitution Refit in many ways...
have you never seen the enterprise j?
Lt. Commander
# 520
05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
/facepalm.
Closed Thread