Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 61
05-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
perhaps you shouldn't really be playing an MMO if all you want to do is solo.
Maybe he should not, but then this game would have a lot less subscribers. Most MMOs probably would.

And even if one is not a solo-player - maybe people still don't like Raids and prefer PvP or running exploration missions with friends? Or some people just like use the MM aspect to chat with others ingame?
Lt. Commander
# 62
05-04-2010, 12:25 AM
I really only have one thing to say about this reward ... and it's a warning for all involved ...

The Referral Program when it was put in over at Champions Online was ... the subject of much consternation with the playerbase. Because many people could not get their reward for their friends who signed up through it. Because many of their friends had already played in a FREE weekend. And so, according to the fine print, had already signed up for the game. So the referral program did not recognize them as counting.

Guess what STO is about to have?

That's right. A FREE WEEKEND!

You've all been warned. I never bothered to remember how that all played out and if people got that fixed. But heed my warning ... this referral reward may be more hassle than it's worth.
Lt. Commander
# 63
05-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Must say this is a bit frustrating... I have already got my brother playing the game and have 2 more friends interested... but thats it - don't have another 3 to get this and I would love to have it... bummer.

I expect we'll see it in the C-Store once they realize just how few people get to the 5 referrals point and decide to cash in on it (hell I would).
Lt. Commander
# 64
05-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
im going to go out on a limb and say i would prefer the holographic BO over the ship....lol

just a truth....
Agreed. I however wouldn't mind a ship. But I don't play cruisers. So where is my incentive for recruiting 5 players? Or the players who only play science vessels? This incentive only really offers something to a certain percentage of the player base. Those that play cruisers and those that would want it for a collectors trophy. The rest have no incentive to recruit anyone beyond 1 player. Not a very well thought out recruiting strategy. They really need to offer a skin for all classes.

I do however agree with the OP. There needs to be a secondary alternative for obtaining this reward. But I also agree with Darren_Kitlor. It is to early to stress about this Shikamaru. Let's just wait and see.
Lt. Commander
# 65
05-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Some of us are just going to have to sacrifice a few of our friends to those who have to have this ship or pool all our friends together and have a lottery to see who wins five friends in the pool so they can get the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 66
05-04-2010, 01:37 AM
i dont mind if they add to to the referral program, (although 5 people with active subscriptions is a bit much) just make it available down the line, either in game/c-store or veterans

to be honest im sure they will as it would be silly not too
Lt. Commander
# 67
05-04-2010, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I really only have one thing to say about this reward ... and it's a warning for all involved ...

The Referral Program when it was put in over at Champions Online was ... the subject of much consternation with the playerbase. Because many people could not get their reward for their friends who signed up through it. Because many of their friends had already played in a FREE weekend. And so, according to the fine print, had already signed up for the game. So the referral program did not recognize them as counting.

Guess what STO is about to have?

That's right. A FREE WEEKEND!

You've all been warned. I never bothered to remember how that all played out and if people got that fixed. But heed my warning ... this referral reward may be more hassle than it's worth.
Quoting in its entirety for emphasis and WTFery.

THAT is a **** move...
Lt. Commander
# 68
05-04-2010, 01:49 AM
This thing needs to be on the C-Store instead.
Lt. Commander
# 69
05-04-2010, 02:12 AM
People, please get ahold of yourselves. Just because there is one ship in the game that you might not be able to get because you can't comply with the requirements, you're going to LEAVE the game?

May God have mercy on your tortured soul...

The purpose of this promo is obviously to get more people into the game. Suggesting they switch this for a 400 day veterans award is ridiculous. A 400 day veteran's award doesn't help nearly as much as 5 potential new subscribers that could become long-time subs.

If you can't get the promo Enterprise because you can't find 5 friends, so what? Why do you have to have EVERYTHING? What kind of internal deficit is this obsession with obtaining every little imaginary piece of a game supposed to solve? Is it helping?
Lt. Commander
# 70
05-04-2010, 02:17 AM
hell if they made these rewards for Fleet actions(player with the highest damage) and the STFs (please dear god.. not the cure reward!) that would make them more fun ... look at the crazy star wars galaxies mission things... all that fuss over a few backpacks.. robes etc :O
Closed Thread