Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 81
05-04-2010, 05:21 AM
Quote:
By recruting, you are doign a 'job' for cryptic and in return being 'paid' with a ship model.

All you guys complaining like this, it's like complaining about your boss at work if he doesn't pay you because you can't be bothered going in to work and doing the job.

You scratch cryptics back, they'll scratch yours.

You get cryptic some new customers, they give you a thank you for doing so.
How about the scratch players for paying a sub first?
Lt. Commander
# 82
05-04-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WooShoo View Post
First, I think the 3-nacelle designs (and most of the Cryptic ship designs) are horrible.

Intrepdiox and Flato, I agree with both of you. It's utterly amazing how much money people seem willing to throw at this game rather than take a little time to earn it in-game. For all of you who complained about raids and who made all of those cute little quips about what they can do with raids, that's how a lot of other people feel about all of the items going into the C-store or being tacked on to things like the RAF promotion. Do I need or want every little item in the game? No, not even close, but I am willing to spend time in-game to earn what I want since I don't think it's fair to pay a subscription and something extra for items that a lot of P2P MMOs include in their games as part of the monthly fee.

Seriously Cryptic, add all of this C-store garbage as STF rewards or other mission/FA rewards and watch your retention double instantly. While there will always be the people who don't mind being taken advantage of to buy from the C-store, there are also a lot of people paying $15/month who will stay in just to earn that one item they really want but don't want to pay extra for and then they will repeat that again for the next item.

Kinda makes you wonder which Cryptic is more interested in: $2.00 now or $15.00 month-to-month.
100% on the money here.

Having the c-strore stuff in-game as loot drops or quest rewards would add much needed content to a content lite game.
Lt. Commander
# 83
05-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timofnine View Post
By recruting, you are doign a 'job' for cryptic and in return being 'paid' with a ship model.

All you guys complaining like this, it's like complaining about your boss at work if he doesn't pay you because you can't be bothered going in to work and doing the job.

You scratch cryptics back, they'll scratch yours.

You get cryptic some new customers, they give you a thank you for doing so.
You mistake the roles off boss and employee with customer and supplier. Crytpic needs us customer's way more than we need Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 84
05-04-2010, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jounar View Post
You mistake the roles off boss and employee with customer and supplier. Crytpic needs the us customer's way more than we need Cryptic
Ironic coming from a lifer. The unfortunate fact is Cryptic no longer need us at all.
Lt. Commander
# 85
05-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
Ironic coming from a lifer. The unfortunate fact is Cryptic no longer need us at all.
That's not true.

I'm not a life but even i realize that some portion of the lifers will make purchases from the c-store at some point. Eventually they will put a decent ship design in there and every lifer will spend a few bucks to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 86
05-04-2010, 07:14 AM
if the c-store ships where scrapped and everyone could have access to these skins, it would make the game so much bigger. this game is going to end up like wow with everyone in the same armor apart from the few who pay for others.
its wrong, i want to see more ships flying about.

i told a friend about the new galaxy class skin, he was well excited, untill i told him how u could get one, then well lets just say he said a 4 letter word and laughed
Lt. Commander
# 87
05-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
In days past I would berate you with talk of hating and poor attitude, instead I'm starting to agree..................
Yikes... Cryptic just keeps ****ing away goodwill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
That's not true.

I'm not a life but even i realize that some portion of the lifers will make purchases from the c-store at some point. Eventually they will put a decent ship design in there and every lifer will spend a few bucks to get it.
There's that, and that the Lifers should be a core population that has a vested interest in the game and dragging people into playing it so they maximize their own return. Then again, nobody I tried to drag into STO even during my increasingly rare swings toward the fanboy side of the spectrum has left, and not slowly either. *sigh* I have no idea what poor schmuck I'd inflict a subscription on for the BO, let alone the Galaxy-X. Fortunately, I don't actually want either very much, but having them stuck behind this partuclar wall is really irksome.

Whoever said that the stuff showing up in the C-Store and especially stuff like thisshould have been in-game rewards for various in-game things instead is right. Now I realize why the item system is so damn bland - any new ideas get turned into some marketing gimmick or another.
Lt. Commander
# 88
05-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
why is everyone so content to shovel money into cryptics hands all the time? instead of demanding that they make it cheaper why isn't it that they improve the game and actually add incentive to play the end-game STF's and offer unique rewards like this?

all this nickle and diming for a quick boost of cash isn't going to save the game can't they, and you people see that?
I don't think Cryptic is at all interested in improving the game. The forum games they've been playing are one thing, but any time one of the suits is interviewed, it's all "we'd love to see that in the game at some point in the future. They probably don't have or are not willing to spend the money to fix it. And if they are, I don't see anything that convinces me that they have the capability.
Lt. Commander
# 89
05-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
why is everyone so content to shovel money into cryptics hands all the time? instead of demanding that they make it cheaper why isn't it that they improve the game and actually add incentive to play the end-game STF's and offer unique rewards like this?

all this nickle and diming for a quick boost of cash isn't going to save the game can't they, and you people see that?
Do you complain that the grocery store is "nickel and dimeing you"? Do you complain when you have to pay the cleaner for every shirt they clean?

People don't mind paying for something they enjoy, or want to have.

Not all of us were born with a silver spoon in our mouths and have everything handed to us on a silver platter, we earn our money by working jobs and use that money for our own enjoyment.

We enjoy STO and Star Trek in general, therefore we are willing to pay for things in the game that we would like to have, if you do not want to use the c-store, that is your prerogative.

Cryptic did not create this game for free, they did not create this game specifically for you.

We knew the C-store would be in game months before release, (by we, I mean people that do a bit of reading before we buy things).

And as far as "saving the game" what do you mean by that, are you implying the game is dying? Are you one of those fatal minded emo kids that cries doom everywhere they go?

STO is not dying, it is getting better, but it takes time to program and code, the devs can't just snap their fingers and magically create content and updates.

I understand if you do not have the patience to wait, some people just never learn it, it requires a certain attitude and mindset to pull off.
Lt. Commander
# 90
05-04-2010, 09:57 AM
I have no doubt that the ship will be available via means other than this promotion eventually. No business makes a point of *not* giving customers what they want. It's all about the "when" and "how".
Closed Thread