Lt. Commander
# 1 Just a few words...
05-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Hey Folks,

I just wanted to let you know that I wonít around on the forums much more after May 14th. May 14th will be my last day with Cryptic. Itís been a tough decision over the last couple of weeks trying to decide what I should do. Working at Cryptic on the STO Team and interacting with you guys has been a large part of my life over the last two years. I didnít feel right just fading off into the blackness without saying goodbye to you guys as well.

Short story is that I have an opportunity with a new company that I just canít pass up but believe me when I say it was by no means an easy decision for me to make. I love our game, and there is a lot of personal blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into making it.

When I use the term ďourĒ in our game, Iím talking about the game that you the community are helping to shape and mold right alongside the STO Team. STO gets better and better every day thanks to your feedback and comments, and I hope that never changes.

I will of course still be playing as much as possible, and hopefully Iíll run into you guys every now and again while out on patrol in various sectors. With that said I leave you with two of my most favorite Star Trek Quotes.

"Seize the time, Meribor. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again" -- Picard (The Inner Light)

And

Second star to the right...and straight on 'til morning.
-James Kirk, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, quoting Sir James Barry (Peter Pan)

Take care everyone... I'll miss ya

Gozer
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Take Care Gozer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Bye GOZER. you will be missed, and I'm sorry for anything anyone says mean on this thread. your number one in my book,
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Does this count as an 'I Quit" post?

Good luck Gozer, hope to see you around in game still. You'll be missed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2010, 08:20 PM
I always liked how the developers would pop into a thread and let us know some technical detail instead of like in every other game I've played where they treat the customers like tards and won't bother explaining anything.

I will miss you Gozer, I hope you keep up the good work at your next job.
Lt. Commander
# 6
That's a real shame to hear. You were responsible for some of the best content in the game and I hope to see more of your work in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 7
Wait... Wait... Wait.. who is going to replace you? ( short answer no one) seriously will this effect the games growth
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-03-2010, 08:22 PM

I'm not allowed to put more unhappy smilies. Goodluck Gozer, your content you made always was fun (while yet slightly driving me closer to insanity hehe). The business you're going too is damn lucky to get you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Well I have to admit I'm curious what game your headed to, but I'm pretty sure you arent going to say so I wont ask. That said, good luck wherever you go. Live long and prosper
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2010, 08:27 PM
good luck Gozer I certainly hope the new gig is good and that we will see you playing soon.... so now can we get a look at that whiteboard jk good luck and clear horizons