Lt. Commander
# 11
05-04-2010, 06:35 AM
How often will that exact same Topic be startet again and again??
USE the fracking SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Yes to Fed Cloak...

Maybe they can offer it as a Vet reward for 800 days of subscription or recruiting 10 subscribers.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Its "never" gonna happen, live with it.
Simply for the fact that no matter how much the players want it and Cryptic might want it, CBS/Paramount would never allow it.
If CBS/Paramount did not allow custom-colored weapons then they certainly are not going to approve Fed cloaks.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-04-2010, 08:30 AM
CBS didnt say jack about custom coloured weapons. It was the stupid playerbase whining about it and the fact it visually looked stupid.

Can the Fed build cloaks - Yes
Has the Fed used cloaks - Yes
Has the Fed demonstrated the ability to compromise their morals and rules before - Yes

There is no basis to deny cloaks to the Federation from canon,logic or even common sense. Merely the stupidity of a playerbase that can only handle a game which forces diversity through gimicks.

Oh noes... Feds having Klingon cloaks removes their one unqiue feature !

So the ONLY thing that makes Klingons unique is a gimick ability ?

How funny its going to be when Romulans appear with THIER cloaking ability and make Klingons worthless by that logic.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Ok, I'll say it - I think a transphasic cloak could work. I also think it should be able to be used by both sides.

It would have to do something odd though...

I would suggest that it be several items that only work when in concert - it would include a mix of looted sci, tac, eng console that do nothing but run this plus a specific deflector that is only for this. any combination of perhaps 6 consoles (so 2 each or even 4 tac and 2 eng would work), plus the deflector. The whole set (6+deflector) has to be installed for it to work at all, or it does nothing. All are purple (or if implemented, orange Legendary) drops, and you need the complete set to use it.

NOT a combat cloak (must be out of combat to engage), but it uses your sub-systems power to run, and it DOES make you transphasic. Once all your sub-systems power is completely drained, you decloak immediately. If you decloak in a solid object, you are destroyed with critical system damage applied, even in PvP. Emergency power abilities and batteries are disabled while in Transphasic cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Sorry, not allowed. Union rules. Read the contract with the Brotherhood of Klingon Monster Faction, Local #2409.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
CBS didnt say jack about custom coloured weapons. It was the stupid playerbase whining about it
Your wrong, it has been stated many times that CBS stipulated: Phasers Orange, Disruptors Green, etc.

Seriously people if your so obsessed with cloaks then go play Klingon already.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
CBS didnt say jack about custom coloured weapons. It was the stupid playerbase whining about it and the fact it visually looked stupid.

Can the Fed build cloaks - Yes
Has the Fed used cloaks - Yes
Has the Fed demonstrated the ability to compromise their morals and rules before - Yes

There is no basis to deny cloaks to the Federation from canon,logic or even common sense. Merely the stupidity of a playerbase that can only handle a game which forces diversity through gimicks.

Oh noes... Feds having Klingon cloaks removes their one unqiue feature !

So the ONLY thing that makes Klingons unique is a gimick ability ?

How funny its going to be when Romulans appear with THIER cloaking ability and make Klingons worthless by that logic.
I'll just quote myself because I bored writing the same thing everytime a fed noob starts that topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I will repeat what I already said in any other "Baha in want fed cloak" threads.

The reason why Feds cant Cloak is NOT Algeron, thats just the on-screen explanation.
The reason is that it was not intendet to have Cloaks by the Authors. It just doestnt fit to the picture Roddenberry had from the federation.

If you dont like that fact, dont play STAR TREK!
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-05-2010, 04:53 PM
this is like the millionth thread on this matter Federation will never and SHOULD NEVER get a cloak drop it already damn.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Sorry puppies... Federation cloaks may just be coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The Galaxy X was a specific ship created specifically for the Referral program. The goal with the other end game ships is that they would be unlockable by reaching the next tier level but the specifics of that are still be discussed.

Here's what I know about it so far - The cannon is specific to this ship, and takes the place of a weapon's slot, but is not an item that can be removed and placed on another ship. It shows up as a captain's power on your weapon tray. The beam is intendend to be a very narrow front cylinder beam that can pass through objects and hit multiple targets if you are lined up properly (out to a set distance).

There are no details yet on recharge timers or how it impacts cooldowns of other powers/weapons.

I've also heard rumor that it may have a non-battle cloak - which means that it might be able to cloak - but only out of combat.

Once the designer is finished with the ship - I'll see if I can get the full details.

The ship will be available by the time that your referals hit their first 30 day billing cycle.
Dont like it ?
Dont play Star Trek Online.