Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Hunting the Hunters
05-04-2010, 01:58 AM
I cannot advance in this mission. It's where you beam from location to location inside a force field maze. On the 3rd beam in I lose my bridge crew and cannot advance to he next force field level. I've tried quiting, dropping the mission, restarting, and nothing seems to work.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-04-2010, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick281 View Post
I cannot advance in this mission. It's where you beam from location to location inside a force field maze. On the 3rd beam in I lose my bridge crew and cannot advance to he next force field level. I've tried quiting, dropping the mission, restarting, and nothing seems to work.
Its a bug......I had to work through that part of the mish without my Bridge crew,,,,,needless to say it entails much running in circles while firing wildly and screaming like a little girl.

A Bat'Leth helps too....sold at DS9 Cheap.........
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-05-2010, 06:04 AM
I get the same problem. It really needs to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Workaround 1: Finish by yourself. When the fields drop, your BOs will rejoin you.
Obviously, taking on the remaining enemies solo is non-trivial.

Workaround 2: Abort the mission and then continue. Your BOs may re-join you when you start moving.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah I did it last use using the "run in circles screaming like a little girl while popping hypos and shield charges" method. It should be easier for a Science or engineer than a Tactical since they have the capability to heal themself without using hypos/shield charges.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-05-2010, 06:52 PM
I finally passed it, I had to set the game to normal mode to do it though. I was able to take out the first wave of 5 on advanced mode but the 3 who beam in behind you always got me. Then I had a problem with killing the first 5, being incap'd by the 2nd wave of 3, respawning, and not having the 2nd wave show up or the teleportation device flash in an active mode state. It's a one time go if you want to do it otherwise it seems like you have to abort and do it from scratch.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Hasn't worked right for me on three different characters. You can solo it if you bring along enough large hypos and keep moving.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick281 View Post
I finally passed it, I had to set the game to normal mode to do it though. I was able to take out the first wave of 5 on advanced mode but the 3 who beam in behind you always got me. Then I had a problem with killing the first 5, being incap'd by the 2nd wave of 3, respawning, and not having the 2nd wave show up or the teleportation device flash in an active mode state. It's a one time go if you want to do it otherwise it seems like you have to abort and do it from scratch.

This happened to me as well. I managed to get all eight w/ my Sci Off, but the kiosk would not flash. I may try again, but i'll probably wait until it's fixed. I don't think this mission is a precursor to any other, or is it?
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waerlogan View Post
You can solo it if you bring along enough large hypos and keep moving.
I did this without all those hypos. Eng. officer. USE YOUR PERSONAL SHIELD SKILL. I stood in place, didn't run around. and when your weak, pause and drink a bottle of Chateau Picard (easy to do behind that shield)

Actually found this the beter part of the mission
Lt. Commander
And passed it on my third try with a Tac officer. Lots of hypos, lots of running, lots of swapping between Expose and Exploit weapons, lots of grenades, lots of special skills.

Haven't tried it with my other officers yet but I gotta imagine it's easier with an Engineer wearing a Turret Fabrication kit and the ability to recharge your shields.

Also, it wouldn't have taken me so many tries the first time if i'd known then that you can buy hypos from your ship replicator...I would have stocked up big time on those.