Lt. Commander
# 1 SUBNUB - nice wok.
05-04-2010, 05:26 AM
NOT!

now it's even worst IMO. You could get locked out of skills for 45s before... now they can turn off your current running buffs. So look at it like this... Skills take from 45sec to 2mins to recharge, and they get turned off when you use them, essentially locking you out for the same amount of time upto 2mins... even longer than before!?! How stupid is this!!

how about you put it back as it was and just limit the timer so you can only be locked out for 10sec, thats long enough, and fair enough.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-04-2010, 05:27 AM
SNB is now counterable. Just cast science team.

If you run without science team then you deserve to get nuked. :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-04-2010, 06:44 AM
it's not about countering, it's about having buffs running, getting hit with subnub, which turns them off (they do not reactivate with sci team) and since you used the skill before it got turned off its locked out. longer now that just being subnubbed origionally... at most 45s as it was, now I can't use skills at all or they get subnubbed off and it was like you never even used it in the first place.

RSP - 2 minute recharge - now it doesn't help at all and gets locked out for 1 minute 15 seconds longer than origional subnub
EMPS - 45 second recharge - added a damage resistance buff that now gets turned off shield recharge turned off - same as origional subnub on recharge
EPS power transfer - 1 minute 25 recharge - power boost and transfer rate boost gone - recharge is 45 seconds longer than subnub

I could list all the skills and how stupid they are now. you might aswell sack the bridge officers, take off your shield and bend over with a big sign saying "insert here"

Subnub abused origionally locked you out at 45 seconds, now your locked out for aslong as the recharge of any buff you used with no benefit from the skills, it's gone from bad to worst... cryptic could have left it as it was, put a limit on the skill lockout like 10 or 15 seconds and made science team remove it. instead of making it a bigger FU I WIN because now your defence means nothing at all.

Like I said.... great work there.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Nimrod
did you read my post? or just troll to be stupid?

it's not about countering, it's about having buffs running, getting hit with subnub, which turns them off (they do not reactivate with sci team) and since you used the skill before it got turned off its locked out. longer now that just being subnubbed origionally... at most 45s as it was, now I can't use skills at all or they get subnubbed off and it was like you never even used it in the first place.

RSP - 2 minute recharge - now it doesn't help at all and gets locked out for 1 minute 15 seconds longer than origional subnub
EMPS - 45 second recharge - added a damage resistance buff that now gets turned off shield recharge turned off - same as origional subnub on recharge
EPS power transfer - 1 minute 25 recharge - power boost and transfer rate boost gone - recharge is 45 seconds longer than subnub

I could list all the skills and how stupid they are now. you might aswell sack the bridge officers, take off your shield and bend over with a big sign saying "insert here"

Subnub abused origionally locked you out at 45 seconds, now your locked out for aslong as the recharge of any buff you used with no benefit from the skills, it's gone from bad to worst... cryptic could have left it as it was, put a limit on the skill lockout like 10 or 15 seconds and made science team remove it. instead of making it a bigger FU I WIN because now your defence means nothing at all.

Like I said.... great work there.
Looks like someone needs a hug!

Science team will remove SNB. Considering the original version had no counter, the majority of people seem to be happy with the changes. However, why are you stacking so many buffs at once? Did your team leave you or did you leave the team? If you're the last man standing after seeing all your team wipe, maybe you should ask yourself why they wiped.

Additonally, if you're a crusier player who ikes to spam RSP, then you deserve to be SNB'ed. Just be glad its on a 1.30min cooldown, otherwise I would chain that skill on you. Hmm...now I need a hug.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-04-2010, 07:00 AM
SNB is a lot better now than it was....

It used to be an "I win" button for science captains, now it's a buff stripper. The simple fact that it can clear powerful buffs is only testament that it's working properly.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosengine View Post
Looks like someone needs a hug!

Science team will remove SNB. Considering the original version had no counter, the majority of people seem to be happy with the changes. However, why are you stacking so many buffs at once? Did your team leave you or did you leave the team? If you're the last man standing after seeing all your team wipe, maybe you should ask yourself why they wiped.

Additonally, if you're a crusier player who ikes to spam RSP, then you deserve to be SNB'ed. Just be glad its on a 1.30min cooldown, otherwise I would chain that skill on you. Hmm...now I need a hug.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Hello? Nanny 911? Yes I got another kiddy out of control, can you get here quickly? Thanks, you better also bring a change of diapers, im pretty sure he needs them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-04-2010, 07:46 AM
wow people really think they're funny with thier childish comments eh? got no actual productive response to a persons feedback then don't post, because "Friend" you are stupid and childish and are really not funny at all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Nimrod
wow people really think they're funny with thier childish comments eh? got no actual productive response to a persons feedback then don't post, because "Friend" you are stupid and childish and are really not funny at all.
People try to help and all you do is cry. If you cant act like an adult, you dont deserve to be treated like one. Other people in this thread have tired. No sense trying to help the helpless.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
SNB is a lot better now than it was....

It used to be an "I win" button for science captains, now it's a buff stripper. The simple fact that it can clear powerful buffs is only testament that it's working properly.
You apparently missed this bit, OP.

SNB used to put everything on cooldown, you basically you were utterly defenseless. The way it works now is that it strips buffs and extends the cooldown of abilities that are used or *already in cooldown (*i think). Now it has a counter so that while you may lose your buffs, you can still move and use your abilities. Meaning this ability still sucks to get hit with, but won't totally cripple you anymore.

Also, Grow up, stop insulting everyone who doesn't agree with you. People posted good points that you cannot counter. Live with it.
Closed Thread