Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 31
06-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Hey readers! If you guys have fleet members that need in your fleet, I propose a trade (until this issue is resolved)

I have several free character slots that I can use to "join" your fleet, then I would recruit your ALTs and other folks that needed recruiting.

There is a catch, I need one for me too!

Lastly, just because I only need one doesn't mean I won't loan out more than one of my toons to help out. Since the DEVs don't want to help us, I guess it is up to us to help us.

To recap:

1) You would "recruit" my toon
2) I would "recruit" your alt
3) When done, I leave
If others do this as well, I recommend nerfing the permissions for Level 1 fleet members. Just give them the ability to chat, and recruit. That way the amount of shenanigans is limited.

If you want to use my awesome fickleness to your advantage, send a mail or tell in game

(You can use me more than once too! Just wash your hands when you are done.)
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Greetings!

This bug was the side-effect of fixing another issue that was present previously where a player could send an offline invite and it would sidestep validation steps for accepting invites (whitelist, ignore list, allegiance requirements, and chat silence). Example: a player who was on your ignore list could send you a fleet invite while you were offline, which we definitely don't want to happen.

The good news is that this wasn't intentional - and a fix for this will hopefully be going live soon. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally View Post
Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

How super awesome, thank you for the response!

Glad to see it IS a bug and not intentional, with that said (as far as I am concerned) take your time!

Thank you again!
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-19-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
May I ask how one would exploit an invite for a fleet?

When you invite an offline player, the offline player gets a message box when they sign in that states: "Yo holmes, you wanna party?" Then the player either clicks "Hells yeah I want to get down!" or "Step off fool."

It is a nice way of getting ones "mules" into ones fleet.

Maybe they turned it off to get folks to buy a second subscription? Seems like a tactic they would use...
Because of banishment, I forgot to look back at this thread. I'm glad it's being fixed or fixed already since I haven't tried in a while. But quoting this because can we get the buttons to say this? Even if you can't do the "Hells yeah" one, can we get No to be changed to "Step off, fool!" And maybe even woo Mr. T from that other game to send a voiceover back with him saying it.