Lt. Commander
# 1 Refer a Friend Question
05-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Now I know that this isnt here yet, but does a friend that you got to the game before they started offering the rewards count?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I already referred a friend, and they are still playing.

I'll take my holographic crewmember now, please.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-04-2010, 11:48 PM
/bummpage

I need an answer to this
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-05-2010, 12:38 PM
No one knows, we would need a Cryptic reply. I would say the answer is most probably not but again, no one knows. You could always open a ticket but I don't think that it would belong there...
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I feel that if you brought a friend over, and can prove it, that they really should maybe give you the first gift because you're obviously a loyal customer and working to bring people to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-05-2010, 01:12 PM
how would you prove it? Get a friend to "testify" that you referred them without any actual evidence?

Thats just going to open the door for people to start coluding with one another to obtain rewards erroneously.

I think its highly unlikely they will allow that. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-05-2010, 01:26 PM
i would, most likely, say YES the buddy key you get is a unique digit tied to the account you got the buddy key from, it's not very hard to follow the paper trail back to your account. that's what the buddy key was originally for anyway >_>;
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
i would, most likely, say YES the buddy key you get is a unique digit tied to the account you got the buddy key from, it's not very hard to follow the paper trail back to your account. that's what the buddy key was originally for anyway >_>;
The OP doesn't specifically mention buddy keys. Fair enough if they are tracable, I but I don't expect "hey, I suggested XXXX player check out the game and he did and now he's subbed - give me my Galaxy - X" requests will be honored.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Hey All,

The referral program only applies to referrals that are conducted through the new referral technology we have set up. I apologize that, due to technical limitations, we are unable to provide retroactive referral bonuses for any referrals that occurred outside of this system.

-Destra
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Destra
Hey All,

The referral program only applies to referrals that are conducted through the new referral technology we have set up. I apologize that, due to technical limitations, we are unable to provide retroactive referral bonuses for any referrals that occurred outside of this system.

-Destra
Oh, dear.

Destra... I do not envy you having to make this announcement.

Okay, everyone? Let's not kill the messenger here. Destra was given the really unpleasant job of reporting this to us, and it's not their fault. Please no verbal assault on the lead GM, 'kay?

I'm... going to go find a bunker.